Mustang Gt 05 Throttle Body

Josegt05

Mar 26, 2016
hello am having problems with throttle body sometimes the car stops accelerating and sometime the engine turn off. this is happening to me since I change my cold air intake . I was thinking of using a cable throttle body on my mustang but not sure because the stock throttle body is eleletronic . how do adapt if anyone can help me please thanks,
Or if someone no what is happening to my engine ?

• Sponsors (?)

You can't go cable. The computer needs those TB inputs to run the engine.

Check the connector at the TB make sure all the wires have continuity and there are no bent or dirty pins. Did you disconnect the TB when you put the CAI on?

You might just reinstall the stock airbox and see if the problem persists.

It was a long day in June 2004 when we first saw the 2005 Mustang GT at a SEMA measuring session. Our mission was to design our new cold air intake and have them ready for sale when the cars went on sale. From pictures and drawings we planned to build a replacement for the stock system with a tube off the side, new air box etc - just like all the other kits on the market now. All morning we measured, fitted and came up with a design that looked pretty good - but it just didn't feel right...We left the measuring session for a couple hours and talked about different designs all together then decided we needed to take advantage of the front mounted throttle body!

Well it took us several months and many designs to finally work it out but the wait was well worth the results. Check it out.

hvi05mpic.jpg
hvi05c.jpg

Here is an underhood picture installed with the optional ram air box. The billet mass air meter and filter are attached to the throttle body with a urethane coupler. The stock electronics bolt into the meter and stock PCV air tube snaps into a billet adapter on the coupler. The kit relocates the coolant overflow tank to the drivers side to make room for the filter and clean up the looks of the engine compartment. The ram air box replaces the front rad cover and seals against the hood. This funnels cold air directly to the filter from the front grill as well as blocking any hot engine air from entering the filter. Everything needed is included in the kit:

Reactions: 1 user