Mustang GT vs WS6 Trans AM!!!!!!

My 02 Z28 A4 2.73 geared car ran 13.0 at 108mph.My 03 GT 5speed ran 14.0 at 98mph.You may get out of the hole first but it will reel you in.Race in the 1/8 it will be closer.BTW 02 had a lid and cutout.The Ls1 is just quick,BUT they are quicker to fall apart.Needle bearing fellout of the rocker lost oil pressure,now sitting on used car lot. The GT is just better quality.Tell your boss to go pick on a import.

• Sponsors (?)

you should just race him, it wont be any worse than what happened to me! I raced a 94 rx-7 converted single turbo (t-78-thats one big tooorbo),front mount intercooler, all kinds of crud. What do you think the outcome was like for that? I got :owned:. forgot to mention im stock :D

BullittPlaya said:
someone give this guy the award for asking the dumbest question for today. NO way can a gt with only exhaust beat a ws6. later.

hmmmmm........ a stock GT with exhaust & a cold air beating a ws6, you say NO way....... but i bet YOU think a stock bullitt, with exhaust & a denscharger could take it though :rolleyes:

RacerGT said:
That's not gonna happen man, regardless of what you do unless you have a power adder. Those cars have more horsepower, it's as simple as that. 3rd those things pull like a raped ape. You need to tree and 60' his ass at the track so that he can't catch up. Sorry, but it's true.

I realize there HP advantage but they also weigh a freakin ton. I've continusly seen Ls1's run 8.9's stock several times in the 1/8th I just dont think they do good 1/8th mile. I no in a 1/4 mile its a diffrent story. Actually speakin of Trans Ams' I've got a time slip right here From past Sunday kid had a Trasn Am 6spd learnin how to drive. He ran a 9.309@82mph with a 2.3 60ft. so definitly room for an improvemnt and the power is obviously there. But I say with just exhaust no way. But geared and boltons short distance u stand a chance unless he drives like a
mothaF%$ker

BullittPlaya said:
someone give this guy the award for asking the dumbest question for today. NO way can a gt with only exhaust beat a ws6. later.

I wish this guy would just simply leave... :notnice: ...what is that...your third or fourth screen name and been banned a couple times :nonono:

R3VO3VOM said:
Ok some of you guys might think this is a dumb question but I want to see if anyone knows...... the question is can a 99+ GT beat a 2001 ws6 trans am??
I am wondering because my boss has a WS6 Trans am and he always shoots me sh*! about how my Mustang will never beat his trans am and him being my boss I just take it.........but heres the catch A. It is an automatic and my GT is a 5sp and has an exhaust and cold air intake (I know its not much but it counts). and B. I drove his ws6 and it just didn't feel like it was as snappy as my mustang. Anyways I am just interested to know......if I am totally wrong just let me know....... I am just curious, also it will give us something to talk about.

Well man the faster you go the worse it gets...but people take the ls1's power to far...it won't murder or kill ya...but it will beat you fairly easily...

I have many friends with ls1's that vary from stock 98's autos to modified ws6's and transams...and they dyno anywhere from 290-310rwhp at the most stock...unless its a factory freak...

My story is similar to the race you might be doing...I was at the local hangout and a guy pulls up in his 00 or 01(can't remember) WS6 (midnight blue in color) and asks if I wanted to race in front of a group of people...so I took him up on it...his was a auto and my 2000 GT was a 5spd...anywayz we line up and I get him out of the hole by a quarter of a car and keep it that way until about 65 and then he shut down...I guess he though he wasn't going to catch up :rlaugh:

I knew the ls1 would have caught me and all the other friends ls1's had caught me...in short what I'm saying is practice your launch and race him "stoplight to stoplight" if you want to "beat" him...just don't let him get ahead of you or you won't catch up... :nice:

Ls1's are both overrated and underrated if that makes sense :shrug:

Just race him for fun :flag:

David