Mustang GT vs WS6 Trans AM!!!!!!

• Sponsors (?)

Mr Plow said:
I actually ran a WS6 a few weeks back. He was stock auto. I beat him by 2 car lengths in a marked 1/4 mile run. It was video taped and hopefully will be on a future dvd.....Now go try and whoop your bosses arse
the original poster says the WS6 has intake, exhaust and i think the GT is stock
no whooping his boss happening

JonJon said:
the original poster says the WS6 has intake, exhaust and i think the GT is stock
no whooping his boss happening

The original poster said his Gt had exhaust and cold air intake...and the only real difference between a 00 and 01+ ls1 is the ls6 intake which is good for 5-10 horsepower...

David

The minor mods that would help you the most would be 4.10s and some really sticky rubber. This way (since he's an auto) you'll rape him outta the hole and hopefully hold it for the distance you race. Since it seems like it wouldn't be at the track, you probably wouldn't run a full quarter. While you're still pulling away (probably up to 50-60) I'd get off it and hit the brakes, because when he passes you that's what it'll look like to him. :D

R3VO3VOM said:
Ok some of you guys might think this is a dumb question but I want to see if anyone knows...... the question is can a 99+ GT beat a 2001 ws6 trans am??
I am wondering because my boss has a WS6 Trans am and he always shoots me sh*! about how my Mustang will never beat his trans am and him being my boss I just take it.........but heres the catch A. It is an automatic and my GT is a 5sp and has an exhaust and cold air intake (I know its not much but it counts). and B. I drove his ws6 and it just didn't feel like it was as snappy as my mustang. Anyways I am just interested to know......if I am totally wrong just let me know....... I am just curious, also it will give us something to talk about.

Just agree the person that takes the lead first wins :D

You'll smoke him off the line but he'll reel you in like nothing once he hits third and gets near 1/4 mile.

kirkyg

The 4l60e auto is a very nice trans and against an average 6-speed driver will be too close to call. Now someone who is really good and powershifts will take an auto LS1 but not by much even then. I like the LS1 engine but I love the overall GT, fit and finish, interior, style all is better in my eyes.

Dude your Boss would probably be pretty pissed if you raced him and beat him, which isn't happening unless you get a huge break somehow. Show your Boss you have Balls and try to keep a pace with him who cares if you loose, if he doesn't absolutly own you it will probably bug him anyways, if would defenitly bug me :nice:

Can a 5sp 99+ GT beat a automatic 2001 ws6 trans am?? Noway nohow. I've beaten one though. Automatic 96 GT vs 5sp 2001 ws6 trans am. It wasn't cheap. Cost me less to buy a mustang and build it up than the trans am cost the gobber that I smoked.

96ls1killer said:
Can a 5sp 99+ GT beat a automatic 2001 ws6 trans am?? Noway nohow. I've beaten one though. Automatic 96 GT vs 5sp 2001 ws6 trans am. It wasn't cheap. Cost me less to buy a mustang and build it up than the trans am cost the gobber that I smoked.
:confused:

:bs:

:scratch:

:shrug: