'Mustang II front clip into a 1967'.

david moors

Dec 9, 2005
Evening all,
Anyone know if its possible to(or even tried to) use the whole front end (suspension and all) as well as the steering of a mark two 'stang on a 67 mustang?
Molly(my mustang) is heading off the road to look at her heads and sort out some other issues and plans are mounting!
Cheers,
:SNSign: :flag:

• Sponsors (?)

SO i need a big budget then do i?
I've been told that the mk2 has independent front suspension and rack and pinion steering.(Both would improve the handling of the 67)Are the front suspensions up to the job of taking the weight of the early car (as I think the mk2 is smaller), difficult to check over here as there aren't many 74-79 mustangs on our roads!

"MONEY" is thesage here.

The work of which you speak requires skill, tools and time. Unless you can do the conversion yourself, you'll be dropping several thousand dollars in labor alone. (I can't imagine you'd pay less than $50/hr for qualty work.) Finding some one to actually DO the work would be challenging. You car will be out of commision for sometime during the process. Still interested?

did it to my falcon. the mustang frame widened in 67right? anyway i spent about an hour or 2 every night after work, and all day saturday for 5 weeks doing it. did it really cheap though. bought a mII for $50, balljoints, tierods, rubbers,5 bolt disks calipers,pads, hoses, tubing, paint,shocks, bearings,and lots of little stuff. spent about $500 or so not counting other stuff i did.

PDR_0044.jpg

View attachment 495001
View attachment 495002
View attachment 495003

Attachments

• PDR_0044.jpg
    PDR_0044.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 72