Mustang II in new video game

CobraIILover said:
Unlocked a bunch more stuff last night. Still no Cobra II though.

I did unlock the Mustang II concept car (the original 63 concept Mustang) and well as the "Cammer Fastback Concept". If you get to unlock this car, you have to drive it. It's insane. The car is so fast, I wiped out 3 times in one race and still caught up to the other cars, LOL.

That 427 cammer? I can't remember if that thing had 2 or 4 cams in the heads, but I do know that it had a timing chain about a mile long.

• Sponsors (?)

Blue Thunder said:
That 427 cammer? I can't remember if that thing had 2 or 4 cams in the heads, but I do know that it had a timing chain about a mile long.

Yep. The most powerful american V8 ever made ;). Single carb version made 616 hp. Had one cam per head, with a 6ft timing chain :D. They even got unique sound of the Cammer right in the game :nice: .

I would like to order one AC Cobra with the 427 Cammer engine, please. Can I get that to go? Fast? haha

Even the "regular" 427 motors have what could be considered The Darth Vader Effect on crowds. Just as big block AC Cobras have a godly aspect about them. Other hot rods bow down in respect.

Blue Thunder said:
I would like to order one AC Cobra with the 427 Cammer engine, please. Can I get that to go? Fast? haha

Even the "regular" 427 motors have what could be considered The Darth Vader Effect on crowds. Just as big block AC Cobras have a godly aspect about them. Other hot rods bow down in respect.

Hehehe, yep, 427s rock. I just sold a cammer to a fellow Cobra owner, he's putting it in his 4000 series Shelby. I'm doing a regular side oiler for my Cobra.

WOO HOO!! I unlocked the Cobra II last night. You have to complete more than half the game to get it, but I did it. You can choose between blue and white and white and blue. I did a quick race with the white/blue car. The replay almost put me in tears. It was amazing to watch and really made me miss my 76. I actually videotaped my reply of the one game, I will try to post it if I can figure out how to get the video off the camcorder.

BTW, I also unlocked the 05 Mustang GTR Concept car. This is the sickest car in the game. It's rating is maxed for all areas. It totally blows away any other car in the game. It is so fast, I almost lapped the other cars I was racing against in one race.

CobraIILover said:
Hehehe, yep, 427s rock. I just sold a cammer to a fellow Cobra owner, he's putting it in his 4000 series Shelby. I'm doing a regular side oiler for my Cobra.

A cammer brings some serious quan these days. :hail2: Your Cobra is all aluminum which means you must have paid a fortune for it... I'm imagining 7 to 8 times what your 76 Cobra brought. Most of the people I meet fixing up II's don't have that kind of disposable income. What is it you do again? I need to find a new career, mine is getting flushed down the overseas toilet. Besides I could stand to stop counting nickels so I could buy parts off e-bay.

d

dmoody said:
A cammer brings some serious quan these days. :hail2: Your Cobra is all aluminum which means you must have paid a fortune for it... I'm imagining 7 to 8 times what your 76 Cobra brought. Most of the people I meet fixing up II's don't have that kind of disposable income. What is it you do again? I need to find a new career, mine is getting flushed down the overseas toilet. Besides I could stand to stop counting nickels so I could buy parts off e-bay.

d

I own a Ford performance shop/custom dyno tuning facility. Yes, my aluminum Cobra was very expensive, but don't let that fool you. I refinanced my house to get it :D. I have lots of nice vehicles, but that's about it! I guess I have odd priorities, LOL.

Oh, and I think my cammer sale was misleading. I was the MIDDLE man in the deal. I knew the guy looking for one, and the guy selling it. It wasn't mine. And it sold for 31k.

CobraIILover said:
I own a Ford performance shop/custom dyno tuning facility.

Sounds like some fun stuff.

CobraIILover said:
Yes, my aluminum Cobra was very expensive, but don't let that fool you. I refinanced my house to get it

For me, most everything I own has to be somewhat practical. Maybe some day I'll own a Cobra but until then I'll continue throwing my change in the piggy bank. It's a beautiful car btw, I don't think I could drive it if I owned it... in fact I'd probably leave the engine out just so I wouldn't be tempted. :)

CobraIILover said:
Oh, and I think my cammer sale was misleading. It wasn't mine. And it sold for 31k.

Wow! 31k, holy toledo Batman!

d

I'm happy puttin along in the 76 Mach 1 for some reason :banana:

I thonk what actually unlocks the cars/tracks is the amount of style points you rack up-- it keeps a running total, and shows it after each race. I actually got the cobra unlocked by screwing around in other modes ALOT before I even tried the career mode. (raced that in the Mach anayway, that damn 68 coupe is a pain in the ... on the last NY track :bang:

78Mach1 said:
I'm happy puttin along in the 76 Mach 1 for some reason :banana:

I thonk what actually unlocks the cars/tracks is the amount of style points you rack up-- it keeps a running total, and shows it after each race. I actually got the cobra unlocked by screwing around in other modes ALOT before I even tried the career mode. (raced that in the Mach anayway, that damn 68 coupe is a pain in the ... on the last NY track :bang:

Style points unlocks 1 car, at about 45-50k points. I have about 130k points now and haven't gotten another unlocked from that. It also shows "completed" for style points car unlock under the progress menu.

I have unlocked 36 of the 40 cars so far. Unlocked the V10 Concept Mustang tonight for completing the Slalom mode in Challenge Mode.

CobraIILover said:
Unlocked a bunch more stuff last night. Still no Cobra II though.

I did unlock the Mustang II concept car (the original 63 concept Mustang) and well as the "Cammer Fastback Concept". If you get to unlock this car, you have to drive it. It's insane. The car is so fast, I wiped out 3 times in one race and still caught up to the other cars, LOL.

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO hey guys! I've been too dam busy at work but i just read this....OOOOOOOO off to wallmart i go this weekend. Thanks for putting this out there guys and gals! I would have never known. I have a ps2 and never play the dam thing.

SAL.....PLEASE,PLEASE let me know how to unlock the cobra! I will rely on you guys with your PS2 expertise in doing so. was it really only 14.99? Sounds like a typical 45.00 game to me. :hail2: