mustang II suspensions

smokem

Dec 9, 2003
Akron, OH
has anyone put a mustang II front suspension kit in their 'stang or cougar? i'm thinking about purchasing the kit that heidt's sells for around $1800. i've already rebuilt the stock suspension on my '68 cougar and hate it. plus i spent a lot of $ on it. i'm working on a '67 now and am thinking of going with something different that has rack and pinion steering too. :D

• Sponsors (?)

I've done it using the heidts. Just remember to reinforce the crossmember when using tubular arms.

What did you want to know about it?

I still haven't driven the car on the street. :(

Haven't fabbed up the motor mounts I need for the 4.6 and t-56 tranny.

I do have a set of their motor mounts already welded up for a SBF. I won't be using them.

how was the quality? can you use the stock steering column? i'm also interested in the ride height (putting in a big block). let me know when you get yours on the ground.

sounds like you're going to have a pretty nice ride.

i'm going to put the 390 back in mine. i'd like to convert it over to fuel injection. i've done before with a 600cc bike motor and want to try my hand at a good ol' american big block. :nice:

Have installed the Rod & Custom Motorsports tubular/coil over kit in my '66 'vert. After talking to Heidt's as well as R&C, I decided to go with R&C as Willie, the owner and designer, answers the phone, is very knowledgable, and has top notch fabrication. We were very impressed with the welds, fit, and overall quality.

Still got a lot of work to do so it has not been driven yet (re-worked rear to allow some real meat on the road, turbo to break meats loose, interior, paint, etc)...2+ months until 40th anniversary in Nashville. Gotta get back to work!

I used parts from Street Rod Enginnering.
We modified the steering column. Cut off the end and put on the end of a fox column.
Then used part intended to replace the rag joint on a fox body with a Ujoint.
It worked well.
I have a EFI 5.0 and AOD in mine. Also have drop spindles, whioch are a must.

I have around 10,ooo mile son mine, that includes driving the AlCan...
I wouldn't go with hiedts for one reason. Their tubular lower arms are not symetrical and are more prone to break. They mount flush on one side of the crossmember and have a significant standoff onthe other.

With symetrical arms, the standoff's are smaller and one is on each side.

If I ever get enough money I want to try some of those superride spindles that look to me just like a MII but designed for rear steer.
If that works I could drop my engine back and down a lot.

Sorry haven't gotten off the jacks to the floor.

Quality is nice I just bought the crossmember. I had to reinforce the are where the lower control arms goes just for piece of mind. :)

Check out 67verts car. He used the R&C kits.
http://bellsouthpwp.net/c/a/cana759/index.htm

Yeah I hoppe my car comes out nice I'm looking to get it on a magazine if I can dunno yet. I have already managed to stick 12x28 full slicks on the rear without touching the frame. Estimated time of completion is May.