Mustang Man Law LISTED

OK ok, well some of you on here were guessing what # were at on the mustang laws so, i thought i would just help everyone out and post one big list that people can just add too.. Maybe if its liked the Mods on stangnet can make this a "READ BEFORE YOU POST" thread or something lol.. i threw in some smiles just for ****'s and giggles..

Enjoy....

1. It is not acceptable to put "fake badging" on your stang (i.e. GT badging on a V6, Cobra Badging on a GT, etc.). True enthusiast will ALWAYS be able to tell the difference.

2. APC products are a no go :nono:

3. No Neon Lights

4. "altezza" clear lights are made for rice only, not mustangs

5. body kit's should be limited to Roush/Saleen/cobra kits

6. NO Chrome Fender flares...:flame:

7. No mud flaps (with or without pictures on them)

8. No wheels bigger than 18 inches.

9. No v6 with a cowl induction hood.

10. IF YOUR GAUGES DONT WORK OR SERVE A PURPOSE DONT USE THEM!

11. Mustangs shall not have a rear spoiler/wing taller than the roof!

12. 16,17, yr olds SHOULD NOT have 03 terminators

13. Mustangs should not have any appearance mods purchased from AutoZone, or Wal-Mart

14. NO SPINNERS !!

15. no stickers showing all the brands of parts you have all over your car

16. No doors that open any other way than the way they came from the factory.

17. NO fart cans.:lock:

18. No painted interiors.

19. NO modified stock hood scoops with cut hoods.

20. No tips bigger than 3 1/2".

21. No door ding guards on GT+s.

22. No excessive vinyl.

23. No mirror tint.

24. No strobes.

25. no GTR bages

26. Thou shall not put a GM motor in a FORD Mustang:ban:

27. No pine tree air freshener hanging from the mirror.

28. No trailer hitches

29. No window tint other than black and especially no designs in the tint i.e. flames

30. NO DAYTONS !

31. Don’t ask how much our supercharger costed:rlaugh:

32. NO faux wood/faux carbon fiber dash overlays

33. NO unpainted body kits!

34. No Under Carriage Neon

35. If you don't know why I'm revving and waving to you, buy a new car.

36. No non functional double sided tape Lund hood scoops

37. No Japanese writing across your windshield!!!!!

38. Don't ask a girl with a mustang if she can handle it, or say that it's probably too much of a car!:Zip2:

39. No spanish crap on the windshield/car

40. Also, no need for MUSTANG across the top of the windshield (or any car name on the car)...we can see what kind of car it is

41. No chrome trim...

42. tailpipes should NOT extend 6 inches beyond the rear fascia

43. Never give up on your car and let it go bad

44. Always beat on the Subarus Evos and SRT'4s , yeah your car might be faster but you can't outrun ugly. Plus a Mustang is Sex on Wheels.

45. Whenever someone says your car is slow because its a Mustang either race him or kick his ass

46. Don't say Mustangs suck for a stupid reason. I.E.: Not good in the rain/snow (no **** it's a rear-drive V8 car), it gets bad gas mileage (not true if it's driven properly), and it's slow…

47. No carbon fiber hoods, ricers own that!

48. No losing to a Honda, ever!:stupid:

49. No Tornado "power adders".....$69 does NOT give you a 20% increase in HP

50. NO fog lights next to the pony in the grill

51. NO seatbelt pads

52. DONT DRIVE IT LIKE AN IDIOT nobody thinks your cool when you weave in and out of traffic like a madman!

53. If you're over 35, don't try to have sex in it. You'll only pull a muscle, and embarrass yourself in front of the babysitter.

54. Do not repair body damage with duct tape:mad:

55. Only install gauges YOU NEED ! dont buy 10 gauges that have no use

56. Whenever someone in a clearly inferior automobile (i.e. Hyundai Elantra, Dodge Neon, unmodded V6 Mustang, 1985 POS Pickup, etc.) pulls up next to you on the road wanting to race you calmly pull over, get out of your car and slap the other driver for being an idiot. Then you calmly get back into your stang and continue on your way.

57. No Automatic Car Washes.

58. No Wal-Mart bought plastic "side exit exhaust" that screws on to your side skirts. Especially when your V6 already has a fat 4" chrome tip angled out the bottom of your rear bumper!

59. Have some pride and keep your mustang clean.

60. Most have more than 10 posts before being allowed to suggest Mustang man laws.

61. Do not tape a broken off side view mirrow on to the car.

62. Do not tape plastic over broken windows for extended periods

63. Do not tape lisence plates

64. do not tape body panels or bumper covers.

(Of course you can have a 1 week grace period in case of emergency situations)

65. Just because your car looks/runs/rides like s***, that doesn't make it a race car. Your DD stang is no closer than mine to being a race car just because mines one color

66. Dont ask what's that whining/ whistling under the hood...:nice:

67. If you have a fox GT.....DO NOT cut holes in your rear bumper to put on LX stainless pipes. This looks like shat and it is trashy!

68. No free advertising for car dealerships, this includes license plate frames, dealer badges and vinyl lettering

69. No more than one item suction cupped to the inside of the windshield.

70. No talking on a cell phone without hands-free or Bluetooth

71. Always help a fellow car guy out at the track if possible...of course, any mustang owner in need gets higher priority and put at the front of the line.

72.No bashing other Mustang owners just because some of the mods they have on their ride are not what you would do on your ride. To each his own...:SNSign:

• Sponsors (?)

I'm gonna object to a few.
#5: Saleen/Roush/Cobra body kits only: I disagree. I personally think that Steeda's stuff looks awesome, and as such, I use some of it. I will be one day getting Razzi side skirts with provisions for side exhaust to tie in the side pipes I plan on ( the true 2000 Cobra R exhaust single muffler design). Also, lots of guys steal from the Mach 1 with it's chin spoiler. I know, not quite a body kit, but close enough. There are some pieces out there beyond those limitations that look nice. There's a thread floating around with a pic of some GT with a shaker and some badass fiberglass front bumper that EVERY member drools over when they see it.

#47- No carbon fiber hoods: I've seen them tastefully done on some Mustangs. I'm not talking the lazy ass "I left it bare because it looks good" look, because when it's not trimmed in, it looks like crap. Bottom line, it's a mismatched body panel. BUT.... When a guy has some of it painted in, as in the edges so it looks like a large Mach/Boss style hood stripe, only that's the bare CF, then rock on. That's what I plan on doing.

#51: No seatbelt pads: You try being on the shorter, chubbier end of male physique like I am and tell me how that belt feels across your neck. I happen to have 4 STEEDA pads in my cars. Not loud, no chinese dragons, but big time comfort factor for me. When I eventually get harnesses and dump the back seat, I'll put 2 on each front harness, again for comfort purposes.

#67 No cutting Fox GT bumpers for LX tips: Just because most people do it all hack ass doesn't mean it can't be done right. Back when I had my 87, I did it because the turn-downs were all rotted out. But I did it right. Template to match both sides up, Dremel tool and patience, and then put trim like on the door weather seals around the cutouts to hide the yellow urethane and clean the lines up. Add 2 3" rounded tip slant cut exhaust tips, and you have success. Most guys in the 5.0 forums loved it, thought it looked perfect, and in person, it looked borderline factory.

And now for an addition:
#73: If someone randomly yells at you "burn 'em up," go slap them, or act like they don't exist. Pisses them right off. If you do decide to burn the tires down for some random bystander, then b1tchslap yourself. Last I checked, tires are freaking expensive, and I'm not toasting my $280 a piece BFGs for some dope who I'll never see again.

I never liked those Mustang side decals or airbrushed pony's down the side. It almost fits along the lines of MUSTANG on the windshield or anywhere else on the car (other than rear bumper of factory emblems) You are driving one of the most recognizable cars on the road....no need to advertise it more.

Agreed on those decals. IMO, the only decals that belong on the side of these mustangs is a rocker stripe, and even then, only on some cars. I eventually want Steeda sidewinder fade stripes, but the damn things are like 200 or some crap :rant: I do like the rear fascia blackouts, like the Ford Racing one I have, and I've seen some do a nice job on the taillight area with vinyl (the kit I got was horrible, got tossed). Other than that, the only hood decal I like is the center blackout stripe (again, I have, until I get a new hood and paint it the way I really want it).

#77 Never put on any of what I call ghetto rims,kinda falls into the spiner group,or those little 12" tires that stick 12" out past all the fenders.
#78 Never paint it baby **** green,hot pink or any neon colors.
#79 No bicycle carrier mounted on the rear.
#80 No boy pissing on ford stickers,beleive it or not there is one in town with one of those.:rlaugh::shrug:
#81 no custom home made grills made from chicken wire.

All of the above are things that I have seen around in my area lately.

Looks like im in violation of #27 and #70. Whats with #27 anyways :(

101_0356.jpg

Its still in its plastic case there...this is when I first got the car in december...aactually came in the car when I bought it from the guy. Same one is still there....but its since lost its smell :( I need a new one.

Meh, this list is so flawed :(

Carbon hood... unpainted.. Check

"Mud flaps" (rock guards).. Check (And my mustang isn't fubared from road salt and such from winter driving thank you)

DSC00194.jpg

DSC00171.jpg

DSC00196.jpg

I'd also like to object to sixers with cowl hoods, some have a reason for them and will smoke the majority of us 4.6 owners. Oh and some painted interiors look amazing...

*EDIT* Also to the excessive vinyls... what about track cars (1/4 and road course) that are required to have them because of event or personnal sponsors.

Can we add...Under no circumstances will you drive with your seat in the fully reclined position and your seatbelt off?

seems like all the wanna be gangsta, import guys and anyone who wantso to try and be cool is driving like that here in Orlando.

You just look like a frieking tool when you drive like that and it's unsafe.

Can we add...Under no circumstances will you drive with your seat in the fully reclined position and your seatbelt off?

seems like all the wanna be gangsta, import guys and anyone who wantso to try and be cool is driving like that here in Orlando.

You just look like a frieking tool when you drive like that and it's unsafe.

+1. I hate that crap,when they sit in the back seat to drive,then do that slouch to the left or right.Those are the type that make me wanna get out while at a stop light and slap the **** outta them and say WTF!Also anyone ever notice how the ones that drive like that usually wreaked their cars by the looks of the car.:rlaugh:

Well i guess we will have to use this list more as a "Guideline" than anything else. :shrug:
Because you guys have made some good points, but us stangneter's (yes i just made that up lol) already know the list pretty well, its more for helping out others in need...:flag: