Mustang Roundup in Bellevue, WA

Steel Steeds

Aug 31, 2005
Portland, OR
Is anyone from the II contingent going to be showing at the Roundup? I'm driving up from Portland Saturday morning and spending the night. The King is sadly not back together yet, so I'll be driving the '98.
It would be cool to see some II's there, and meet/reacquaint with any of my fellow II owners!

:cheers:

• Sponsors (?)

ahh crap, it's already time for that show ... I was almost thinking of showing up this year, but I'd be embarrassed to enter either of my rolling II's since the White one is showing the last 6 years of not being garaged in Washington, and the Green one is 2/3rd black and 1/3rd rust+Green.

Both are mechanically sound still, but getting ugly. The garage queen is a nice pretty black (sealer) still, but is short a few pieces of tubing that should be connected to the turbo.

On top of not being ready, I already made plans to yank an engine and trans out of a truck for my uncle.

and now that I think about it, last time I saw Lance in person I was still driving my '74. Jeez it's been a long time.

I wish I could make it to Roundup this year but unfortunately my King will not be ready in time either. The front suspension is getting overhauled with new springs, control arms, bushings, etc. I was hoping it would be back together by this weekend but now it's looking more like next week.

If anyone is planning on taking their II to one of the other shows in Washington or Oregon, let me know. I wouldn't mind taking the King on a road trip and meeting up with other II owners.

Yes Darryl, it has been a long time! I still had my awesome mullet the last time I saw you. Dude, that's been NINE YEARS. That's one thing I have to say about II owners, we're in it for the long haul.

My King should be back on the road before long, but I think I'd have to throw a tarp over all of the car except the engine compartment. I've spent enough money on this motor to buy another King Cobra! But, it should be wicked fast. It's just gonna be rattle-can black for a little while. Maybe NEXT year I can afford some paint and body work...

I'm heading up that way first thing in the morning, and won't have e-mail access. But, if you see a Bright Atlantic Blue '98 Cobra, chances are it's me. I'll be the one hanging around the II's.

It was a decent show this year. There was just under 1300 cars at the show this year.

As far as Mustang IIs, there were 2 in the judged show, 3 in the modified class and 1 in the stock class. I was a lonely soul in the midst of the early 70 Mustangs. I'll post pictures in a bit.

The Judged Show

Judge1-07.jpg

Judge2-07.jpg

The Modified Class

Mod1-07.jpg

Mod2-07.jpg

Mod3-07.jpg

The Stock Class

Stock1-07.jpg

I saw your car there George, but I never saw you around! I spent some time talking to the owners of the orange Mach 1, the red/gold striped hatch, and the white with black stripes Cobra II. The black '78 Cobra I've seen at many shows over the last 15 years, and it never fails to impress. For those that haven't seen it, it actually has a vintage Boss 302 motor in it. Sounds like a beast, and the entire car is spotless. I did notice today that Peter, the owner, suffers from the same problem many of us have with the wires for the rear window defroster broken off at the window. Those little reels or whatever are supposed to allow them to move in and out were not the best idea Ford had...

Hopefully next year I can add another II to the mix.

Mustang Roundup 2008 is this weekend - the big show is Sunday. Who's bringing their II this year? I'll be there with my King Cobra. C'mon let's see some of those cars...they don't need to be perfect!

All I can say is exactly the same thing I said last year ... crap, already. If I took the rest of the week off work I "might" be able to have the T-Top to a minimally embarrassing state. The Mach 1 is way off show worthy and the black one is still collecting parts an dust in the garage. If I show up at all, it'll be in the 2005.

I was rather surprised to see that I'd started a thread about this! Ah, yes, last year's thread...

I'd been planning on attending this show since last year's show. However, my wife made other plans, in the form of a family trip to the East Coast. So, sadly, I will not be there. Please take pictures! Next year the planning will be more thorough! And with a little luck, my King will be painted and truly ready for a show.

If I were going to go this year, I think I'd be driving the Shelby...

Oye vey.... I'm with you Darryl. It's that time already!?! Looks like the IIs had a decent showing. Too bad I couldn't add to the mix. I burned up alot of vacation (2 months worth) staying home with the new little one. So EVERYTHING has been shoved onto the back burner. Hard to get anything done lately, but it's all good. Next year she'll be a bit older and I'll have built up the vacation time more. By then the car should be in alot better shape and roadworthy. heck, a couple months ago I took it around the block and it died and left me stranded 1/2 way around. I thought.... THAT"S IT... back into the auto tent you go until I can devote all the time i need to fix you right!
However, there is a Mustang Roundup here in Vancouver that is happening the begining of August. It's not far from the house, maybe I'll limp it there. We'll have to see....

My understanding was the show was smaller than years past.

Here are the II's that made an appearance

The Judged Show

Judge1-08.JPG

Judge2-08.JPG

The Modified Class

Mod2-08.JPG

Mod3-08.JPG

The Stock Class
First Place
Stock1-08.JPG

Second Place
Stock2-08.JPG

Third Place
Stock3-08.JPG

Stock4-08.JPG

Vince got a photo shoot and interviewed for a magazine.

The 75 Ghia has a little over 34,000 miles on it! :eek:

Damn, George, another award for the shelf!!! Right on guy.:nice: IIRC you won an award last year wasn't it?

That's a VERY nice Black KC. Me LIKEY.:D

I see that he put new wheels on the Ghia... looks REALLY good now. Definately gave it more additude. :)

Actually ALL very nice IIs. Mine would have been the turd in the punch bowl. :nonono: Oye... I need to get some time to get back on that thing...