Mustang Seats Are Made of Pure Gold, Did You Know That?

GusinCA

Founding Member
Sep 5, 2002
Newport Beach
Buddy of mine owns a car shop, gets parts wholesale.
So I ask him, can you find me a set of seats for a 03-04 Mach1 or Cobra so I can replace the seats in my 00 GT?
Ford guys says he can only order them with a police report showing stolen seats. Why? "Because people buy them and put them into other types of cars (not Mustangs) and in accidents the seats come off and lawsuits and such".
I'm sorry, but that's the dumbest thing I have ever heard of.
What's the real deal here?
Does Ford just want people buying new cars (my best guess)?

• Sponsors (?)

My guess would be there is only a limited supply of seats in stock for warranty and replacement ....Therefore they dont just want to sell them to the public... unless its a dealer or theft they probably restrict who they sell them too....:shrug:

I looked in the catalog, all they have are the seats for the Cobra R, and they're manual.
What I'm really looking for are the Mach 1 seats in parchment. Any suggestions? The dealers won't sell me a set for any price.

GusinCA said:
I looked in the catalog, all they have are the seats for the Cobra R, and they're manual.
What I'm really looking for are the Mach 1 seats in parchment. Any suggestions? The dealers won't sell me a set for any price.

You can't get Mach 1 seats in parchment, they only were made in charcoal.