Mustang Seats Question

• Sponsors (?)

The 94's will fit. If they are from a 6 cyl. I would not recommend them. I have them in my 96 GT because it is a special no option car and came with them. They look ok, but are uncomfortable. If you are going to get the regular 91 or 92 seats, try them out to make sure they don't have the gangster lean. My 91 convertible has that problem with the driver's seat and it is uncomfortable. I have found the high backs from the 87-89 GT's and 89 LX to be the best because they tend to be firmer and wear less than the 90-93's.

i agree with mr. nostalgia. the 87-89 seats are great and look tough at the same time. i will be looking for seats pretty and i have thought about getting some recaro or sparco seats but i think the would look alot like a seat a ricer would put...what do you think?

I agree Speedo. The racing seat looks ricer, unless you get the ones that came in the Saleens. My 89 LX has 98,000 miles on it and the driver's seat still has outstanding support and comfort, while the low back in my old 91 GT was already worn when I got it with 55,000 on it.

around 2 months ago i washed my gray cloth 89 GT seats by removing the entire covers from the seats. the seats were bare...was a pain in the ass but the seats look brand new. in fact a girl friend of mine even asked me if i had bought new seats. Cleaning them in steaming water and good deergent is like buying a new set of stock seats...gotta love it...so go with what you have and do save some money while keeping your mustang looking original.

speedo said:
i agree with mr. nostalgia. the 87-89 seats are great and look tough at the same time. i will be looking for seats pretty and i have thought about getting some recaro or sparco seats but i think the would look alot like a seat a ricer would put...what do you think?

APC racing seats would be rice. Sparco, Recaro, Cobra, Corbeau...not rice. even if you don't have harnesses, I don't think it would be rice. nice way to be comfy and stay planted in your seat....I'd like some, I slide around in my sn95 seats a lot