mustang smoking question?

mustang88

Nov 2, 2004
i have revived an 88 mustang gt which was sitting for 3 years. it has the 5.0 ho motor. before i let it run for a amount of time over 5 minutes i changed the oil and anti-freeze. well it had old gas in it but i added 1-2 gallons of fresh gas on top of that. well it is about empty right now and it has started to smoke more than it usually does. i was guessing that it has started running on the old gas that could be at the bottom of the tank???? it has good oil pressure and all that and dont overheat ,anyone know what else it could be if old gas isnt it???

oh and how i revived it was adding a new eec relay which old one was fried, so the reason that it wasnt running was not an engine problem if that helps any

• Sponsors (?)

Is it cold there? Could just be condensation. My '87 has no cats and after setting for the last week it looked like it was on fire when I cranked it and let it warm up this morning. Lots of water vapor in the pipes that had to burn off.

changed the oil so oil is new, it didnt do it untill a few days ago untill it got low on gas, yes it is cold here 40-50 degrees maybe. and the pipes got a little water coming out but not alot,looks like a normal amount for a car.