Mustang snowmobile!

crazypete

All my crevices are greased.
Oct 22, 2004
Arlington, MA
It you know what you're doing then driving in the snow is no problem at all.

So this morning, I had to climb a hill in the mustang to get to the train station. The moment I made the left onto the street with the hill, I knew it was a mistake. They had not plowed it yet and there was a good few inches of snow on the ground. Of course, I immediately loose traction and the car goes 45 degrees sideways but keeps moving along at a few feet per second.....a minute later.....still climbing....

Mind you, I am revving the engine at 2500 rpms with longtubes and a mac prochamber and no cats so shes making a lot of noise.

...a minute later, the car's tail swings over so now I'm climbing the hill facing 45 degrees in the other direction.

People are actually coming out of their homes to see what all the noise is about (hell yeah! keepin it real!)

Finally I reach the top of the hill amidst the smell of burning rubber. But I made it! In my rear view mirror, I see a TRUCK make the left onto the street and abort.

My mustang was victorious where a 4x4 dared not venture.

It's all about pointing the steering wheel in the right angle and pulsing the throttle.

Granted on the way down the hill the other side was also quite interesting but less noise and smoke, mostly just sideways sliding. I even made a "drift" about face street parking with some intentional fishtailing to land in the parking spot.

Nothing like a good drive in the morning to get the blood flowing. Motorsports indeed :D

• Sponsors (?)

yeah I miss having a RWD car for winter. I don't like FWD at all! The way the front end slides on take off, the way the front wants to plow onto the sides of the roads, nope... I spend a lot of time on the E-brake so I can take curves faster with my FWD car. I think people who "think" FWD is much better than RWD are either pretty dumb or can't drive worth crap (but I do live in the land of winter and we have a lot of experience with bad road conditions). AWD is another story though, I'd kill for a little Subaru STi as a daily / winter beater...

I love driveing RWD in the winter too especially 2wd. On another note here are some pics of a viper snowmobile.

DSC00549.jpg

DSC00550.jpg

DSC00551.jpg

Attachments

• DSC00549.jpg
    DSC00549.jpg
    73.2 KB · Views: 70
  • DSC00550.jpg
    DSC00550.jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 73
  • DSC00551.jpg
    DSC00551.jpg
    101.6 KB · Views: 70
crazypete thats sooo funny... look how LOL's i put
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL
see? it's that funny............. i can just imagine you getting out of your stang on top of this huge hill all glorious and just givin that 4x4 guy a big thumbs down.. and he drives off crying..............................that was my winter last year too