Mustang SVE 5 Lug disc brake conversion: Part 2 - Rear Brakes

Discussion in 'LatemodelRestoration.com' started by Jarrod@latemodel, May 8, 2012.

1. Jarrod@latemodel

Jarrod@latemodel Late Model Restoration Platinum Sponsor Premium Sponsor

Showcase:
    [​IMG]

Mustang SVE 5 Lug Disc Brake Conversion: Part 2 – Rear Brakes

Alright guys, about two weeks ago i gave you Lee's Mustang SVE 5 Lug Disc Brake Conversion: Part 1 – Front Brakes. This week I have for you part two! Here is a quick summary of what is going on. Follow the hyper link back to the blog center and let me know what you think!

After wrapping up the front 5 lug conversion using the SVE 13″ Cobra brakes and SN-95 Spindles, we moved straight into the rear brake setup. This section of the install requires the most intensive labor – some modifications will be needed. During Part 2 you will be opening up the differential to remove the rear axles. This is a good opportunity to review some other preventative/predictive maintenance opportunities while you have the rear of the car in the air. If you have been thinking about adding rear end gears, fixing that failing axle seal, replacing those old axle bearings or leaky differential cover gasket, now is the time to do it! Don’t forget the other suspension upgrades such as rear control arms and shocks if they are due for an upgrade.
  2. Noobz347

Noobz347 Stangnet Facilities Maint Tech... Er... Janitor Admin Dude

Showcase:
    Albums:
    Nice! :nice: I'll be doing this same project here shortly and can NEVER have too many, "How to" pictorial guides. All the links to the various pieces and parts are like gold!
    (those questions get asked a lot in the forum)

Would love to see more of the part number listings within the article itself (the ones you listed above are a great addition to this thread) since many folks gather their conversion from various sources and need to fill the gaps.
  3. Jarrod@latemodel

Showcase:
    We try to do as much hyper linking as we can, so it will take you directly to that part. Some people may go a little different route, so we try to hit the main areas the kits.

If im not mistaken there will be a part 3 to this. Still waiting to hear back.
  4. Noobz347

Noobz347 Stangnet Facilities Maint Tech... Er... Janitor Admin Dude

Showcase:
    Albums:
  5. Jarrod@latemodel

Showcase:
    I hear that. We sell a ton of those kits.