Mustang to Saleen to Challenger?

39Mustang

Sep 17, 2004
Anyone see the new info. on the Saleen Challengers? I mean, I respect Steve Saleen for wanting to step away from his company to tone it down so to speak as maybe its just relaxation time, but now I see his new company SMS is going to be offering 2 versions of 2009 Saleen Challenger's and I'm a little confused Benedict Arnold?? Hey, I'm all for making as much as you can but to give a sad story as to why you are stepping away from the company you founded based on the Mustang because you didn't want to be involved in day-to-day operations only to see new Saleen Challengers coming, c'mon Steve, which is it? I know he has his hand in the performance aftermarket cookie jar when the Camaro comes out and now the Challenger, trader!:ban:

• Sponsors (?)

I believe the Saleen name will still be Mustang specific.

His new company won't be able to use the Saleen name as he no longer has rights to it (sold them). New products will be SMS Challenger, SMS Camaro, etc...

It's still Steve Saleen, yes...but they won't BE "Saleen's".

Shelby wasn't any different! There is NO LOYALTY or ALLIGENCE when it come to the almighty...................DOLLAR $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ that's ALL they see or CARE about. JMO