Mustang w/ a miss

racer5.0stang

Dec 15, 2003
NC
I have a 95 GT and I believe it has some sort of a miss. At idle, it acts like it has a cam and going down the road at any speed and any gear it hesitates and shakes back and forth. It doesn't do it all the time but it does it enough. I have replaced the plugs and wires, rotor button and cap, and coil. Any suggestions will be appreciated. :shrug:

• Sponsors (?)

I know the car has an adjustable fuel reg. but i don't know where it is set at. I put long tubes on the car and I heard that that changes the pressure (makes the car run rich). Timing could be an issue, I had it checked but I was running 89 octane but know I am running 93. I'll check out those two options. Thanks

racer5.0stang said:
I know the car has an adjustable fuel reg. but i don't know where it is set at. I put long tubes on the car and I heard that that changes the pressure (makes the car run rich). Timing could be an issue, I had it checked but I was running 89 octane but know I am running 93. I'll check out those two options. Thanks
the reason the car runs that way with longtubes is because of the o2 sensors are farther downstream and cool down from the temperature they are supposed to stay at.