Mustang Week

BurningRubber

10 Year Member
Dec 6, 2004
Who's going?!?

1 week and a day until the fun begins ladies and gents...

Lets get a list going. Hopefully a few of y'all will be coming down... I know SaleenGT2001 is.

If you don't know, and can't make it this year, get edumacated and make it a point to come next year! Mustang Week

BurningRubber
SaleenGT2001
FEARNO1
y2k2GT

• Sponsors (?)

i'll be giving rides for $20 each plus legal fees incurred during the ride!

we will be at the Holiday Sands South condos again from sunday to sunday. i prob wont be at all the events this year with the wife being almost 6 months pregnant and complaining about the heat already. hoping to make it out tuesday, friday and saturday to the events.

BTW if anyone else is taking a bike down shoot me a PM so we can ride out to some of the biker bars at night:D

just 3 work days left!!!!

I wish. I dunno about the drive with 4.10's. Would take so much longer going 65 instead of 85 like I normally would.

Man up and do it. I've made a 6 hour trip with 4.10's and you forget they're there unless you look at the tach or pay attention to the exhaust note...:rlaugh:

It's WELL worth the trip.

I'll be there

:nice:

i'll be giving rides for $20 each plus legal fees incurred during the ride!

we will be at the Holiday Sands South condos again from sunday to sunday. i prob wont be at all the events this year with the wife being almost 6 months pregnant and complaining about the heat already. hoping to make it out tuesday, friday and saturday to the events.

BTW if anyone else is taking a bike down shoot me a PM so we can ride out to some of the biker bars at night:D

just 3 work days left!!!!

My buddy just picked up a Suzuki cruiser... 800cc. I made the mistake of sitting on it and cranking it up today, and now it seems the bike bug has latched on hard.

You're gonna get rich off those rides, lol.

Heading that way in 4 days, cant wait.

Rock on... haven't seen you on here in a while.

Rock on... haven't seen you on here in a while.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, been kind of busy. Started working for myself a year ago and its been crazy. But I'm heading South in three days for one of the greatest weeks of the year. This will be our 6th year, every year gets better and better.

First official day and I'm sun burnt decently, wooo.

Good turnout at the meet and greet, although people are trying really ****ing hard to get Mustang Week to become a thing of the past by turning the highway into a drag strip.

Night two:

Speedway action... mix one part autocross, one part circle track, and one part rain and you get a GT in the wall and my ass spinning out on the autocross trying to determine the "breaking point" before timed runs started again.

I can officially say my GT is THE worst handling Mustang I've ever driven. A buddy of mine got some pictures and the body roll would make the guy driving a lifted Montero jealous!!!

And as an extra bonus, the burnout contest was won by a bolt on new edge GT piloted by a driver with no ****ing mercy...:rock:

Tomorrow? To the 1/4 mile, full bottle, DR's going on in the AM. Going for the gold.

Sounds like y'all are having a good time. I was thinking about going, but my car made the decision for me...:(

How much does it cost to do all that? I want to try some autocross sometime, and going fast on a circle track sounds hella fun, too.

Sounds like y'all are having a good time. I was thinking about going, but my car made the decision for me...:(

How much does it cost to do all that? I want to try some autocross sometime, and going fast on a circle track sounds hella fun, too.

It's a blast, too bad you couldn't come down.

Car and driver were $25 to run laps around the oval and autocross.

Darlington should be $20 to $25 tomorrow.

Burningrubber which car was u. It was a great day today at the speedway

Me, minus the vent-shades:

DSC_0240.jpg

DSC_0253GTG.jpg

What were you driving? I'm sure we probably saw eachother.

BurningRubber I past you many times. Lol. It would be hard to pick me out. Driving an '03 black cobra with chrome rims tinted windows. Although I think I'm the only one with Florida plates. Lol

BurningRubber I past you many times. Lol. It would be hard to pick me out. Driving an '03 black cobra with chrome rims tinted windows. Although I think I'm the only one with Florida plates. Lol

I think I remember that plate... sick Cobra!

Day three, Darlington...:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Two cars almost ate the wall, one car caught on fire (SUPER clean S-197... real shame :(), and yours truly had a great day.

I made 8 passes... two on motor, the rest on the bottle (100 shot).

The worst pass: 14.77 @ 95.19...:lol: right after a two hour drive, straight off the highway in 95* heat.

The winning pass... my whole goal for this MW was to crack off a 12.9999999 on spray. People run notoriously slow at this event due to the time of the year with extreme heat and humidity, plus the long trip out heating the car up.

I dropped the tires to 15psi, did a nice 2nd gear burnout... launched at 5k on the nitrous:

12.77 @ 109.67...:rock:

Best I could get all night was a 13.2 @ 109... let the car cool one final time, the bottle warmed up a little more from sitting in the car, and I launched hard and banged the gears like there was no tomorrow.

I'd really like to make a similar pass in colder weather, but I am not complaining at all. Car held together just fine aside from the clutch slipping in 3rd and 4th several times.