Mustang5L5's progress thread

Discussion in '1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-' started by Mustang5L5, Aug 2, 2008.

1. Beasty306GT

Beasty306GT Active Member

what if you get a trim kit thats moves the heat controls to the bottom and radio to the top?
  2. Mustang5L5

Mustang5L5 Car used in adult film "Highway Gangbang-InDaButt" SN Certified Technician Founding Member

Don't think it would ffer any better mounting solution for two single don radios.

Plus, it would require modification to the center console I don't really want to do
  3. Mustang5L5

Mustang5L5 Car used in adult film "Highway Gangbang-InDaButt" SN Certified Technician Founding Member

Attached Files:

4. 9 Deuce GT

9 Deuce GT New Member

I think what makes the stock radio look so good with the black Fox interior is the fact that it seems to blend in and is almost unnoticable. It is like an afterthought that, "hey there is a radio there" type of thing. It definetly does not overpower the feel of the black console. Compared to the in your face look of the current aftermarket systems, this thing looks completely outdated, yet absolutly like the right fit for the Foxbody appeal.
  5. 9 Deuce GT

9 Deuce GT New Member

5L5, any updates?
  6. Mustang5L5

Well, since the radio, only mod I've done is been to add bullit pedals.

I made a vid a few weeks back, but I haven't done much or driven the car lately.

Hopefully this fall/winter I can get some more stuff done. I still have plenty I want to do.

YouTube - ‪1988 Mustang LX 5.0‬‏
  7. Mustang5L5

Just to update.

Made a trade with a board member this week. Straight trade for my steeda Tri-ax for his MGW shifter.

Needless to say I am happy. I should have bought this shifter to begin with, but the steeda was a gift and I didn't get to choose.

I just love MGW shifters....this is my 2nd :)
  8. citmov

citmov Member

Congrats! I have one too but it has the silver racing handle. Haven't installed it yet...I figure if I'm going to start to take my console apart I might as well do the dash and get to my heater core and cluster that I've been putting off for way too long :)
  9. SteedaGT9150

SteedaGT9150 Advanced Member

you dont have to take the console apart at all. just remove the shifter boot and trim :nice:
  10. Mustang5L5

removing the console does make putting the inner shift boot back easier. But if you have swivels and other angle tools, it can be done. I swapped shifters by just pulling the boot up
  11. Mustang5L5

Been a while......

:)

And it's got friends..... :)

[​IMG]

Now the only thing stopping me from reinstalling my A/C is swapping out the old Evap core which is filthy inside. I have a brand new Ford unit....actually...everything i'm reinstalling is brand new Ford! I scored a new Deep Vacuum pump, and have been studying up on A/C to really do this right!

I figure with what i spent on OEM Ford components....i might as well splurge for the good stuff. besides, have you seen what R-134a sells for these days? $15-20 a can! R-12 is not that much more expensive on Ebay.
  12. trbkrb

trbkrb Founding Member

13. 1991notchbackLX

1991notchbackLX Active Member

A/C is a must. If you need a set of refrigeration gauges let me know, Mike.