Mustang5l5's Progress Thread - Archived Progress thread '08-'20.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shot of the caliper, Max Motorsports Stainless line and bracket and how i had to route the brake line.

It sucks. I am losing sleep over this. I do a quality job on the rear and then hack the lines like this??

Plus i think the outer bumpers will hit

Gonna rent a double flare tool this weekend and cut and reflare it so it goes in cleaner. :nice:

57591d1237941838-mustang5l5s-progress-thread-dsc00385.jpg

Attachments

• DSC00385.jpg
    DSC00385.jpg
    75.2 KB · Views: 623
  • Sponsors (?)

PS: I will be putting a girdle on. I figure I don't need it now so i just haven't bought it yet. I'm not gonna run a fugly stock cover :)

Soo...now that it's done..who wants to buy it!! Fresh t-lok rebuild, 3.73's, Cobra disks, new bearings and seals and lines and bushings?? :)

More parts too. Buddy gave me BRAND NEW SS fuel lines. I'm gonna install these after i strip everything off the bottom of the car and POR-15 it!

attachment.php

Attachments

• DSC00386.jpg
    DSC00386.jpg
    82.6 KB · Views: 690
Nice lines. I have the same ones waiting to go on my car. Pretty nice stuff.

Do you have subframe connectors? If so make sure you have plenty of room on the passanger side to get them out. I had a bitch of a time with mine with MM standard subs on. I had to pull the front shock and coilover assy. to get them out, too. What a pain. But it will be worth it.

not sure if you would be interested, but here is a link to a thread I made that details a little bit of the line removal:

http://forums.corral.net/forums/showthread.php?t=934994

The fuel line stuff is on page 3.

No, i don't have SFC's. I plan on putting MM full-lenght SFC's in.

I've got to remember to not POR-15 the area the SFC's will be welded too - otherwise i'll have to grind it off before i go install them :(

I have to install new Ford Racing A-arms up front, so i plan on installing the fuel lines when those are out as well as the trans and rear end....should be cake :)

Started POR-15 the underside of the car. I didn't quite finish though as i wanted to remove the fuel filter and lines since I have new lines. One more day and the rear area of the car will be complete.

Notice barely any rust on the unpainted areas?? It;s amazing since this is a 21-year old New England car!

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• DSC00392.jpg
    DSC00392.jpg
    76.3 KB · Views: 533
  • DSC00390.jpg
    DSC00390.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 502
Debating if i should paint the inner wheel wells with POR as well?? :shrug:

attachment.php

I plan on painting in sections. I'm just doing the rear axle/muffler area for now. Next i'll do the transmission area and floor pans. At the end, i'll drop the gas tank and do all under there AND the gas tank.

Uncertain about the engine bay. Can you POR a bay and have it look good? Or should I leave it as it is? My bay is already black because it's a black car

Attachments

• DSC00391.jpg
    DSC00391.jpg
    76.7 KB · Views: 466
I also gutted the interior. I figure this will be easier to swap the pedal assembly, run the clutch cable and reroute the speedo cable. Plus i got a new dash to replace the one that was in there. The new one is in MUCH better shape. See post #223 on page 6.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• DSC00395.jpg
    DSC00395.jpg
    76.6 KB · Views: 512
  • DSC00396.jpg
    DSC00396.jpg
    76.6 KB · Views: 492
Here's the old dash I yanked out. It's in decent shape, but a couple tabs are broken which is why i am replacing it. See where the gauge console bolts up?? See the two two tabs? They are busted and i could never tighten my gauge cluster pod all the way and that ANNOYS me :D

Unsure what i'll do with this dash. I might sell it, i might hang onto it for a while.

I also ditched the AOD shifter. 5-spd here I come!!

attachment.php

Attachments

• DSC00394.jpg
    DSC00394.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 452
looking awesome man, i don't post in here much but i've been following since the beginning... if i were you i'd POR-15 the inner fender wells too, you might as well right?

(side note: is your old black dash in decent shape and for sale? PM me if so. :nice:)

edit: we posted at exactly the same time, haha, now i see your plans for the dash.

looking awesome man, i don't post in here much but i've been following since the beginning... if i were you i'd POR-15 the inner fender wells too, you might as well right?

(side note: is your old black dash in decent shape and for sale? PM me if so. :nice:)

edit: we posted at exactly the same time, haha, now i see your plans for the dash.

I think I am going to, but i'll wait til the end. I wanna see if i need to "massage" the inner wells for the wheel setup I plan on running. I'll paint it after I'm sure i don't need to hammer them in slightly.

Plus they are full of caked on burnt rubber I need to get off first :)

For now i'm gonna hold the dash. Never know if i need to put it in temporarily. I don't want to put the new one in til everything is done since it's virtually brand new. I plan on doing a complete interior resto with dynamat and the whole shabang

Nice lines. I have the same ones waiting to go on my car. Pretty nice stuff.

Do you have subframe connectors? If so make sure you have plenty of room on the passanger side to get them out. I had a bitch of a time with mine with MM standard subs on. I had to pull the front shock and coilover assy. to get them out, too. What a pain. But it will be worth it.

not sure if you would be interested, but here is a link to a thread I made that details a little bit of the line removal:

MM rear suspension install - Finally!! - Corral Forums

The fuel line stuff is on page 3.

I read your thread. Good stuff. I was going to tackle it today except i didn't have anything to drill the darm rivets out with :(

I think mine will be 10X easier because i have no exhaust or rear axle in place. I want to remove the stock lines, POR-15 over the area where the lines run and then install the brand new lines. That way i don't have to remove them to paint when i move up to the trans area and inner front fenders.

I read your thread. Good stuff. I was going to tackle it today except i didn't have anything to drill the darm rivets out with :(

I think mine will be 10X easier because i have no exhaust or rear axle in place. I want to remove the stock lines, POR-15 over the area where the lines run and then install the brand new lines. That way i don't have to remove them to paint when i move up to the trans area and inner front fenders.

That would be good, to have the fuel line area set so you won't have to worry about it when you move up the trans tunnel. I think I will tackle it in sections, starting with the rear are from the gas tank to the trans area. Hopefully you don't have the surface rust issue that I have!!

Good luck and post pics during and after.

I decided to go inside the car today and hang the 5-spd pedals. Lemme say even with the dash off, the seats out, the steering wheel off and the column dropped....WHAT A PITA!!!

I had the whole interior stripped and it took me 4 hours!!!

It was easy to unbolt, but wiggling the AOD pedals out was a PITA and then snaking the 5-spd pedals in was even harder!

Eventually I got them in! Then i had to spend 45 mins searching for the damn clutch safety switch wiring so i could plug them in.

But all done. Was gonna route the clutch cable but the one i had is used and looks questionable so i chucked it in the trash. I need to order a new cable, manual trans speedo cable and a VSS sensor (my car doesn't have one since no CC and i need it for the MAF conversion)

attachment.php

Attachments

• DSC00402.jpg
    DSC00402.jpg
    79.4 KB · Views: 544
Status
Not open for further replies.