mustangs GTS times?

• Sponsors (?)

uh sorry for the noob question but whats a GTS its just that I have never seen one at least i dont think i have

is like a GT? or is it faster? just a special edtion GT? or like to good for a GT but not yet a cobra?

hbk_136 said:
Depends greatly on your driving skills!

Car has the potential for a 13.9 crack, but realistically with an amateur driving i would say like 14.7-15.0

13.9????? Yea with a 1.2 60' maybe. 96-98 are technically called 248A package. I also have the same thing. There is not many difference between regular GT's and the 248A packages. Certainly not enough to make a near stock 96 GT run almost a second faster.

kolkid a GTS (248A package) is basically just a stripped down GT and few other options. Ex. V6 seats, no power windows, no power door locks, 3.27 gears stock, no ABS, no spoiler. Few other differences also.

98laseredgt said:
are the 99GT's with the 16in wheels coded 248A? i saw one for sale that was a GT, but had 16 in wheels and lacked a few options.

They didn't make 248A packages in 99+ years that I know of at least, so I would guess no. My first time out to the track in my 248A I ran a 14.9 with only a catback and O/R H-pipe. Added a densecharger, tri-ax, and superchip and got it to 14.4

uh sorry for the noob question but whats a GTS its just that I have never seen one at least i dont think i have

is like a GT? or is it faster? just a special edtion GT? or like to good for a GT but not yet a cobra?

Its not faster. I dont know where this "GTS" term came from, but its a no option mustang GT. It doesnt have a/c, power windows, locks and comes with cloth seats. Yet people still say they own a "GTS" Mustang as if its a special edition. I had a special edition car once with cloth seats and roll up windows, it was called a 1988 Chevy Corsica.

Its not faster. I dont know where this "GTS" term came from, but its a no option mustang GT. It doesnt have a/c, power windows, locks and comes with cloth seats. Yet people still say they own a "GTS" Mustang as if its a special edition. I had a special edition car once with cloth seats and roll up windows, it was called a 1988 Chevy Corsica.

um.....in 1995 Ford did make a special edition called the Mustang GTS. Its the only year that the window sticker actually labeled the car "Mustang GTS". The "S" stands for Stripped.

95 is the ONLY year that the GTS was made although people with 96-98 GT's with the 248A package still calls their car a GTS, even though its not one.

to the OP. You got a 96 bud, its not a GTS... Its a 96 GT with the 248A option package.

http://www.yellowmustangregistry.com/Production95.html

http://www.quannet.org/corey/gtsinfo.html

well mine has a/c....but has no power windows or locks....
\

seems worthless...probably saves like what 25 pounds? I love the no wing look..too bad the stupid ass dealerships put a wing on mine:shrug:

the point of the GTS/248A package was to produce a cheap V8 mustang, a la the LX 5.0 fox. getting rid of a/c and power locks and windows is a way to save cost moreso than weight.

i have a '96 248A, and it was optioned from the factory with a/c, power locks and windows, and ABS. it's pretty much a GT with V6 seats and no spoiler. no spoiler is the best look for SN95 stangs imho. :nice: