Mustangs Or Shetland Ponys

• Sponsors (?)

Hello everyone I got a 1995 mustang with a 3.8 in it and from a dead stop if you punch it it won't even bark the tire's is this normal? The tire's are just 225 /15 nothing special about them
Well, the V6 isn't exactly a monster in our mustangs.

I know the newer ones are pretty stout, but really, up until 2005 they weren't much. My little '83 has a V6 in it and probably would die of fright if it's tires chirped. 115 hp isn't too scary.

It wouldn't be a bad idea to do a tune up on your car though, yours is newer than mine and it could have enough for said chirp. When's the last time you had a tune up or did it yourself?

Do what i'm going to do once i have enough for the new drivetrain, buy a cheap turbo kit and rag the hell out of that V6 until it seizes. 250-300 hp will make it do more than chirp.

Reactions: 1 user
Hello everyone I got a 1995 mustang with a 3.8 in it and from a dead stop if you punch it it won't even bark the tire's is this normal? The tire's are just 225 /15 nothing special about them

Try a nuetral drop. That'll get those tires moving. ... disregard those transmission parts you see in your rear view mirror....

Reactions: 4 users
In Denver Colorado where I grew up, the altitude was the power robber. I had a 115k mile 65 GT that was just tired. It too wouldn't get out of it's own way. Even though the engine didn't smoke, compression was low, and it wouldn't get past 95 MPH top speed.
I was constantly ridiculed by the local MOPAR stroke who had a fairly nice 69 Barracuda with a 383/4 speed. We called him "Cuda man".

My best friend's father had a 69 SS 396 Chevelle. He'd routinely get to use the car to "cruise". (He was my pinch hitter)

We'd routinely show up at Cuda man's parents' house (especially after about a case of 3.2% beer) and he'd do a 5000 RPM neutral drop in front of their house. (I'd follow in my geriatric Mustang GT,) driving through the cloud of smoke that was pouring out of the rear quarters,..the tires of the Chevelle just boiling smoke over my car, all while laughing my ass off at the challenge,... Strangely enough,.. Cuda man never accepted the implied thrown gauntlet, even though it took a near grenading of the TH 400 to give the impression of power.

You gotta love a GM transmission....He'd rev the p iss outta that 396, and slam that console shifter into low gear and it was the same as side stepping the clutch. Couldn't do it in the C4 that was in my Mustang.

Reactions: 1 user
In Denver Colorado where I grew up, the altitude was the power robber. I had a 115k mile 65 GT that was just tired. It too wouldn't get out of it's own way. Even though the engine didn't smoke, compression was low, and it wouldn't get past 95 MPH top speed.
I was constantly ridiculed by the local MOPAR stroke who had a fairly nice 69 Barracuda with a 383/4 speed. We called him "Cuda man".

My best friend's father had a 69 SS 396 Chevelle. He'd routinely get to use the car to "cruise". (He was my pinch hitter)

We'd routinely show up at Cuda man's parents' house (especially after about a case of 3.2% beer) and he'd do a 5000 RPM neutral drop in front of their house. (I'd follow in my geriatric Mustang GT,) driving through the cloud of smoke that was pouring out of the rear quarters,..the tires of the Chevelle just boiling smoke over my car, all while laughing my ass off at the challenge,... Strangely enough,.. Cuda man never accepted the implied thrown gauntlet, even though it took a near grenading of the TH 400 to give the impression of power.

You gotta love a GM transmission....He'd rev the p iss outta that 396, and slam that console shifter into low gear and it was the same as side stepping the clutch. Couldn't do it in the C4 that was in my Mustang.
It's always nice when mike posts up a good story :)