Mustangs protecting the streets of Hawaii!

• Sponsors (?)

there are a billion GTs, ab 03 Cobra, a Marauder, G35, and Altimas cop cars. They are personal vehicles, and the C&C pay for a portion of the vehicle, but there are regulations as to which vehicle you can choose.

off the top of my head, they have to be a minimum of 6 cylinders, and they have to be able to get the lightbar on your hood. for some reason, they can't get it on the 05+ stangs, but they're working on the chargers.

Stang|ess said:
there are a billion GTs, ab 03 Cobra, a Marauder, G35, and Altimas cop cars. They are personal vehicles, and the C&C pay for a portion of the vehicle, but there are regulations as to which vehicle you can choose.

off the top of my head, they have to be a minimum of 6 cylinders, and they have to be able to get the lightbar on your hood. for some reason, they can't get it on the 05+ stangs, but they're working on the chargers.

Yeah their is a few guys on Corral who are cops on the Islands...I know one has a Mach 1 and another was saying he wanted a Cobra. I think he said they pay like $300 month plus free gas. Free gas alone is enough of a perk with prices over there!!!

DerekStangGT said:
thats fuggin badass. if i got to ride around in a mach 1 all day, i MIGHT consider law enforcement, although it goes against all i stand for :D
I use my car for police work as well as several other people here with stangs, SS's, explorers, highlanders, altimas, corvettes (big island), g-35's, 300c's, mauraders, chargers and the list goes on. I know that guy with the mach-1/custom painted and he is a sgt as well. The 05 stangs are not approved for use due to the automatic window drop down feature...they use them on the big island (Hawaii) so I dont know whats up with that here on oahu. My wife is gonna show me how to post pics one day and ill post some mean rides (cop cars) here. We are paid $488.88 a month + gas useage/on duty miles though. We are responsible for maint cost, but all in all its an okay deal. Ive seen cops on the Big Island driving escalades, 350z's, lifted trucks, 05+gt's, 03-04 cobras, z06's...They are allowed many more choices there than here. I wish I could use the 03-04 cobra's cause thats what Id be driving now.

big T said:
I use my car for police work as well as several other people here with stangs, SS's, explorers, highlanders, altimas, corvettes (big island), g-35's, 300c's, mauraders, chargers and the list goes on. I know that guy with the mach-1/custom painted and he is a sgt as well. The 05 stangs are not approved for use due to the automatic window drop down feature...they use them on the big island (Hawaii) so I dont know whats up with that here on oahu. My wife is gonna show me how to post pics one day and ill post some mean rides (cop cars) here. We are paid $488.88 a month + gas useage/on duty miles though. We are responsible for maint cost, but all in all its an okay deal. Ive seen cops on the Big Island driving escalades, 350z's, lifted trucks, 05+gt's, 03-04 cobras, z06's...They are allowed many more choices there than here. I wish I could use the 03-04 cobra's cause thats what Id be driving now.
host your pics on photobucket.com then after the pic is hosted underneath will be 3 image codes...copy and paste the 3rd code here and thats it...:D

BurningRubber said:
So if you guys blow an engine on your personal patrol car is it your cost, or is it covered by the matinence department at the PD?
Covered under factory warranty if u have one, otherwise its out of your pocket. Most people drive newer late model cars though...

02GTdroptop said:
Miami Blue?? :)

Anyway, I didn't think Mach1 was available in that color. Laser Red for the win. :)

Laser Red was not a 2004 40th Mach-1 Color... It was a 40th GT color.

This car is throwing me off...

The rear spoiler is not black. There is no black hood stripe. And the Gas cap is not stock.

But the C pillars are Mach1 correct...

Tailpipes are odd however, why not keep the stock Mach1 pipes?

Need more info on the car.

:shrug:

I'd know that color anywhere, it's Laser Red just like mine.

Being said, it sure doesn't look like a real Mach 1 now that I've looked at it several times. Spoiler, brakes, color, badging... It all looks funny. Looks like a shakered, spoilered, grill delete'd GT.

But the C Pillars are a grip to remove, install, paint match, etc.

Unless this was a totalled car and the needed body work on the C pillars was just another repair cost and they threw in the Bullit C pillars...

Still badass though. :nice:

But might not have a 3V...:shrug: