My 05 is here!

66 BLAKE 96

Native Texican
Founding Member
Feb 16, 2001
Cowtown
Oh man is this thing a blast! Don't get me wrong, it'll never be the same as a classic, but wow. Comfortable, damn fast for a stock car, and if you don't think this new body style is sex-on-wheels, I can't help ya. :D

So far I have a little over 100 miles on it, and it'll scratch into 3rd gear even with the traction control on. :nice:

I don't have updated pics of it with the new coat of red on the clipers, but here it is at the dealer getting prepped:

attachment.php

Attachments

• Delivered 2.jpg
    Delivered 2.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 345
  • Sponsors (?)

65straightsick said:
looks sexy, let us see some more pics, especially after the calipers are done. whats the first mod gonna be?

I'll definately post more pics when I get them. No mods for a while. I'm pretty much broke after buying it, lol. Plus, I need the warranty and it's fast enough for me (for now).

96cobra4.6 said:
does it come pre-broken in? I know some new cars you have to break in for like 500 miles, but im not sure about mustangs.

The only break in procedure is to vary the RPM for the first thousand miles or so. I figure hauling ass will vary those RPM pretty well. :nice:

I absolutely love the new mustangs and they look SICK in black, not to mention you said something about bright red calipers. I was looking at your 66 and i need those seats. Where did you get them and were they bolt on or did thet take a little work to put on? My mom hates the stock seats because they dont lock back into place and dont have a head rest, so she said she was gunna get me a racing seat or something of the sort. Love the new stang and would appreciate it if you gave me some info on the seats in the 66.

66 BLAKE 96 said:
The only break in procedure is to vary the RPM for the first thousand miles or so. I figure hauling ass will vary those RPM pretty well. :nice:

ya, ronstang told me that running it hard actually seats the piston rings better. he told me to drive it like i normally would, so i ran it hard even from first drive.

66StangFastback said:
I absolutely love the new mustangs and they look SICK in black, not to mention you said something about bright red calipers. I was looking at your 66 and i need those seats. Where did you get them and were they bolt on or did thet take a little work to put on? My mom hates the stock seats because they dont lock back into place and dont have a head rest, so she said she was gunna get me a racing seat or something of the sort. Love the new stang and would appreciate it if you gave me some info on the seats in the 66.

Oboebrian was kind enough to put my writeup on his personal site. This should answer all of your questions... :)

http://www.desertmustangs.com/Write-ups/Modern-Seat/Mod-Seat-Install.htm

Welcome to the club Blake!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Be careful in the 05 tech forum, the moderator is a real.........................

NOW LET'S SEE SOME MODS!!!!!! And do some write ups so mine aren't the only ones in the 05 Techinical Write up forum (I spawned my own forum LOL)
Black is almost as nice as Satin Silver :p

Congrats Blake :nice:

side2.JPG

Thanks gp!

You'll have to bear with me leaving it basically stock for a while. I'm still hurtin' from the purchase, and still trying to get the 66 back together, which leaves pretty much nothing for the new baby.

I did paint the calipers red the 2nd day I had it though, lol.

Here's a pic with my friend's 65 GT 'vert from the local mustang crew Tuesday Sonic get together...

attachment.php

Attachments

• 05-65-2.jpg
    05-65-2.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 156
I've been trying to talk my wife into one. We considered a convertible but the vert just doesn't float my boat. It's been an uphill climb until she saw a Yellow 05 Roush at the Restomods in Reno show.

I'm not the biggest yellow car fan but it sure worked for this car.

rmr05%20002.jpg

Congrats on yours and we'll see :shrug:

Attachments

• rmr05%20002.jpg
    rmr05%20002.jpg
    107.6 KB · Views: 81
mdjay said:
I've been trying to talk my wife into one. We considered a convertible but the vert just doesn't float my boat. It's been an uphill climb until she saw a Yellow 05 Roush at the Restomods in Reno show.

I'm not the biggest yellow car fan but it sure worked for this car.

Congrats on yours and we'll see :shrug:

Get one get one get one! :D