my 1/4 times for my cobra..at maple grove

ok..ran the cobra.
car has tw heads tfs stage 1 cam 373 gears, exhuast. timing up to 18*. no tune :) lol. street tires. i ran twice.first was my best.. i dont wanna be full of excuses but i bogged it off the line, and most important i let off 3/4 down the track. didnt know were it ended lol. second run. dont laugh. i tried popping the clutch a little harder..spun hard. couldnt find 2nd. found it. spun all the way threw 2nd couldnt find 3rd. coasted the rest of the way. let the import pass me. then pass him before the end of the 1/4 lol.
i have a lot to improve on yet. this is the first time with this car and never launched the car before. so practice i wanna hit low 13's consecutive.. on modulardepot i used there correction. it went all the way down to a [email protected] 1/8 [email protected] .

run 1
60-2.159
1/8- [email protected]
1/4- [email protected]

run 2
60-2.812
1/[email protected]
1/[email protected] :bang:

• Sponsors (?)

Hope your not running on street tires. If so your prob never going to see a decent 60' Time.

Pick up a nice set of Nitto Dr's. For all you nitto haters out there who suck the vavle stem of BF Goodrich DR's Ive seen 1.4 60' times cut on Nittos ( in person ) on a 550 RWHP Mustang.

grannycar said:
lol yea im running crappy wanli tires. i did let off before the end of that 1/4...couldve that hurt time bad? i booged it too.
i wanted to be in the lowlow13's all day around 105ish

Bogging and letting off early will deff hurt your time. Dont let off the throttle until you pass the ET board and the more you bog off the line the worse your 60' time is going to be. Traction is the key.

I remember 1 time in my Z(sorry for mentioning Z, lol) I was at 100MPH toward the end of the quarter and all the sudden my windshield COMPLETELY fogged up WHOOSHHH in like half a second!! I couldn't see a dam thing. No idea why that happened.

I kept my foot to the floor anyway and thought fast and hit the defrosters! Cleared up in a milisecond with the rpms up, scary though.

Humm weird my car now runs a 8.9 without the 80mm mass air and power pipe. just seems slow to have heads and a cam and run 8.6
You should be more down toward the low low 8's. Get that thing tuned get some DR's and learn how to shift and launch. you'll see some times more suitable to your liking then.