Build Thread My 1986 T-top Build - Lasting Memories

• Sponsors (?)

I like the cervinis(?) Spoiler not too big but gives some shape to the hatch.

On a trunk car I like no spoiler, just clean and mean.
You mean the steeda spoiler? Agreed. It is a visually pleasing unit. I'm thinking I'm going custom. Something like the old 3pc on the old pace cars and cobras but a little more modern.

Reactions: 2 users
The spoiler will be one of those parts I see on the car and will always think,"Holy Sht, that took a lot of work!"

I just finally finished it, my hands are buzzing from the da and I'm pooped! All that from a spoiler. Jeez.

I'm glad I did it though, it was loaded with paint. I'll primer it Monday and maybe shoot it on Thursday.

Before and after:
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Reactions: 3 users
The spoiler will be one of those parts I see on the car and will always think,"Holy Sht, that took a lot of work!"

I just finally finished it, my hands are buzzing from the da and I'm pooped! All that from a spoiler. Jeez.

I'm glad I did it though, it was loaded with paint. I'll primer it Monday and maybe shoot it on Thursday.

Before and after:
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
cant-decide-prisoner-stt39t.jpg

I fixed the right front corner of my spoiler yesterday (it was split where the screw holds it down) and got it in primer.

So, if I remember right, wasn't there some sort of rubber seal around part of the spoiler where it contacts the hatch.

This one didn't, nor did the original. Anyone?

image.jpeg
image.jpeg

I seperated the spoiler from the hatch on my Son's car and found nothing. We used the 1/4 window seal strip wrapped around the bolt stud bases to seal it.

Reactions: 1 users
I'm up and totally sober, so I'm a little scared. Is the sun always this bright?

Anyhow, Doby has been feeling a little neglected as of late. So today I'll get back to doing some things for her.

I'm finally going to finish the mud work on the hatch and block out the spoiler.

I had a really tough week at work, by the end of the day I wanted to just sleep. Except for Thursday, that is.

I think Doby suspects I might have another interest in my life....:eek:

What're y'all doing?

Reactions: 1 user
You get that spoiler and hatch smoothed?
Well, I got the bodywork done on the hatch, I'm going to take it down to work today to finish the sanding since I forgot to bring my DA's home Friday.

So either today or tomorrow I'll have it in primer.

I mostly blocked out the spoiler, I have about 30 minutes left on it. It's coming out very nice, should look just fantastic when it's painted.

I'll be spending some time on Doby this week again. I'm really going to go ahead and run my brake lines. I need to stop at one of the local speed shops to find those stainless hard lines for my fuel. Autozone and the other parts stores only have plain steel.

Ah jeez, worked slowed down so I'm being a bit frugal right now. Paying for the blue car sapped funds too. Then I have to get it running.

What this means, I'll take care of the little stuff on Doby, like the brake lines, fuel lines, seam sealing the rest of the interior.

After the blue car is running, I have to buy coilovers, upper control arms and a t5 rebuild kit. That'll be an interesting series of posts though. I'm looking forward to rebuilding it. @90sickfox has got me thinking about carbon fiber synchros....Any opinions there?

The blue car means I don't have to rush as hard as before on Doby. Still want it running late this year.

Give me a couple months to make the blue one roadworthy, then I'll be focused on Doby pretty solid then.

BTW, hopefully within the next two weeks I'll have all the parts painted, that's something. I'll post pictures.

Ah jeez, worked slowed down so I'm being a bit frugal right now. Paying for the blue car sapped funds too. Then I have to get it running.

What this means, I'll take care of the little stuff on Doby, like the brake lines, fuel lines, seam sealing the rest of the interior.

After the blue car is running, I have to buy coilovers, upper control arms and a t5 rebuild kit. That'll be an interesting series of posts though. I'm looking forward to rebuilding it. @90sickfox has got me thinking about carbon fiber synchros....Any opinions there?

The blue car means I don't have to rush as hard as before on Doby. Still want it running late this year.

Give me a couple months to make the blue one roadworthy, then I'll be focused on Doby pretty solid then.
Hanlon motorsports has everything you could ever want for a t5.... I've dealt with thegearbox.org, too. Hanlon is building a new website so a lot of pictures haven't been loaded onto the site....the phone number and emails are posted though.

I'm at the phase in my car where everything is 100 to 300 bucks.....a piece ( except MS ). Gosh, can't anything be cheap any more ?

[QUOTE="90sickfox, post: 8977722, member: 202380]
I'm at the phase in my car where everything is 100 to 300 bucks.....a piece ( except MS ). Gosh, can't anything be cheap any more ?[/QUOTE]
No, no it can't. I understand completely

[QUOTE="90sickfox, post: 8977722, member: 202380]
I'm at the phase in my car where everything is 100 to 300 bucks.....a piece ( except MS ). Gosh, can't anything be cheap any more ?
No, no it can't. I understand completely[/QUOTE]
I always buy the big stuff first whenever I build a car. Even before there even was a Monster, there were mounted wheels and tires, and the entire Cobra disc brake conversion laying in the garage, waiting on the car to arrive. I do that in an attempt to avoid getting "Nickle and dimed".

The nickle and dime stuff is expensive enough as it is. Even when you get to the point of what you think should be the "nickle and dime phase", there are still surprises laying in wait. (or there are so many nickle and dime things remaining, that it costs hundreds if not thousands still)
You should look in my bank balance. the list of 20-80 dollar monster purchases could fill pages.

Reactions: 4 users
I try to do the same thing....big purchases first...then work my way down in price. You do some really amazing time consuming stuff.....like how you went to Europe to get man bag leather for the Monsters console. Lol