My 1990 Notchback Build Thread

Discussion in '1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-' started by oatburner99, Jul 2, 2011.

1. oatburner99

oatburner99 Member

Lars, yeah went to TAD....not going there again...unless I pick up a set of DR's or slicks....just can't get traction, and it's not worth smoking a set of perfectly good radials.

2. oatburner99

oatburner99 Member

Basically, 94-95 spindles, used some washer's for the lower ball joint (to compensate for the cotterpin) picked up a adapter for the passenger side brake line from LRS, brake caliper's from a Mach I (if I remember correctly) you might want to prepare yourself for a garage alignment, in order to get you down to a shop to have a real one done. Other than that, new pads shoes.....bled the brakes....been working great :)

3. TOOLOW91

TOOLOW91 Mustang Master

how about master, booster and prop valve all stock ? does it stop much better even with the drums out back still ? Sorry for all the questions just trying to get a feel for exactly what I am in for lol

4. oatburner99

oatburner99 Member

I kept all the stock stuff (master, booster, etc etc) and yeah it does stop better. going from 4 lug baby stuff, to 10.8 size rotors do help :)

5. oatburner99

oatburner99 Member

fixed the timeslip pictures :)

6. oatburner99

oatburner99 Member

Cleaned the ole bucket of bolts up:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. fess40

Founding Member

Cleans up quite nicely!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

8. rangerboy101

rangerboy101 Active Member

Needs clear headlights. ;)

9. oatburner99

oatburner99 Member

they are, just shadowed in the pictures :)

10. Vaz88GT

Vaz88GT Active Member

I want a notchback so so bad

11. oatburner99

oatburner99 Member

lol

12. oatburner99

oatburner99 Member

After the H/C/I my lil coupe is running STUPID rich...If I fire it up in the morning, go get my coffee and come back outside, it's like walking into a wall of fumes. I have an adjustable fuel pressure regulator on order, should be here next week some time. Anyway that won't do me any good if I don't have one of these. As expected 44 psi (vacuum off) So running fat....
    Kit from LRS
    [​IMG]
    Where it get's installed. This kit doesn't require you to remove the actual schrader valve out of the housing. The blue adapter has a nipple that actuates the schrader valve once you
    screw it on:
    [​IMG]
    About ready to install. had to put teflon tape on the gauge threads. BTW, in the instructions it tells you at least 3 times not to over-tighten the gauge or the fittings.
    [​IMG]
    Installed. Sorry crappy camera phone :p
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Hopefully have it dialed in a bit more, get it back down to 39 psi where it supposed to be. Been going through fuel like crazy.

13. RacEoHolic330

RacEoHolic330 I like to dress like a pretty girl
    SN Certified Technician

That's a nifty gauge setup. Wish I knew something like that existed when I had my stock rails.

14. NIKwoaC

NIKwoaC 中國製造

Do you have a wideband A/F sensor/gauge? I wouldn't go attempting to lean the car out unless you know for sure what your A/F is.

oatburner99 likes this.
  15. oatburner99

oatburner99 Member

No I don't have one. However, I don't think it would hurt to set it to at least the factory 39 psi? I was under the impression, with the installation of the cam = less vacuum, which in turn creates a rich condition?

16. NIKwoaC

NIKwoaC 中國製造

The fuel pressure regulator's job is to maintain a constant pressure difference across the injector. If manifold pressure goes up, fuel rail pressure increases to match it. It does this because it is the difference in pressure that determines the fuel flow, and by maintaing a constant gap between manifold pressure and rail pressure, you know that your fuel flow rate is constant. If fuel flow is constant, then all you need to fully control A/F is injector pulse width.

So what I'm getting at is that your fuel flow rate likely hasn't changed. It is possible that the computer has opened up pulse width to compensate for your mods, and toying with fuel pressure to correct AF at idle may hose you at WOT. So I would recommend a wideband to make sure you know what is going on everywhere.

17. NIKwoaC

NIKwoaC 中國製造

The fuel pressure regulator's job is to maintain a constant pressure difference across the injector. If manifold pressure goes up, fuel rail pressure increases to match it. It does this because it is the difference in pressure that determines the fuel flow, and by maintaing a constant gap between manifold pressure and rail pressure, you know that your fuel flow rate is constant. If fuel flow is constant, then all you need to fully control A/F is injector pulse width.

So what I'm getting at is that your fuel flow rate likely hasn't changed. It is possible that the computer has opened up pulse width to compensate for your mods, and toying with fuel pressure to correct AF at idle may hose you at WOT. So I would recommend a wideband to make sure you know what is going on everywhere.

18. NIKwoaC

NIKwoaC 中國製造

19. RacEoHolic330

RacEoHolic330 I like to dress like a pretty girl
    SN Certified Technician

Triple post fail!

20. NIKwoaC

NIKwoaC 中國製造

Triple post fail AND when I tried to make a post making fun of myself, it wouldn't let me post. So I gave up.