My 2003

mali1966

Apr 12, 2005
Champaign ,IL
Hey all,

Just posted some pics in "My Garage" for all to see . If anyone has a way to make em easier to access lemme know.

Just a little story to share about the car. I bought her about a year ago in Wheaton IL after looking for the "right" car for allmost 6 months. I tested verts and hardtops and decided for noise and appearance I liked the lighter hardtop.

When I found this one it had 126 miles on it . This is where the "story" gets good. I dont know if this 100% BS but the dealer told me a guy bought it and had it delivered to him. Well a few days later he called the dealership and told them to come pick it up because he couldnt drive a stick. Traded it for a automatic Focus SVT (lol , poor guy).So the dealership went to get the car and discovered it had 126 miles on it . The guy said "Oh , my girlfriend took it out for a drive". Well that was GREAT news for me because it was no longer a "new" car =) . So I basicly bought a new Cobra for a used car price.

Have only made some "minior" mods on the car since I have bought it . The first thing I did was replaced the filter with a BBK cold air intake with a K&N air filter. Looks great and make a nice whine when you stomp the throttle. Second I got the 2.92 pully and a Diablo chip. Nice little horse power gain there for the money IMO. I have allso replaces the "skidyears" with some Nitto 555 285/40/17 on the rear and 275/40/17 on the front (Very nice upgrade over the goodyears). Then I have bolstered the mach 460 sound system with a Memphis Audio amp, Speakers and a Pioneer head unit with Infinity Technology 10' subs. I have the Magnaflow cat back system due sometime this week and cant wait to hear it !

I looked at STI's ,Evos and SS Camaros befor I bought this . Over time I have been so happy I decided on the SVT ! Its power makes grin everytime I mash the throttle ! And My buddy with his heavy moded Evo had to say "DAMN that car is fast!"

• Sponsors (?)

mali1966 said:
Hey all,

Just posted some pics in "My Garage" for all to see . If anyone has a way to make em easier to access lemme know.

Just a little story to share about the car. I bought her about a year ago in Wheaton IL after looking for the "right" car for allmost 6 months. I tested verts and hardtops and decided for noise and appearance I liked the lighter hardtop.

When I found this one it had 126 miles on it . This is where the "story" gets good. I dont know if this 100% BS but the dealer told me a guy bought it and had it delivered to him. Well a few days later he called the dealership and told them to come pick it up because he couldnt drive a stick. Traded it for a automatic Focus SVT (lol , poor guy).So the dealership went to get the car and discovered it had 126 miles on it . The guy said "Oh , my girlfriend took it out for a drive". Well that was GREAT news for me because it was no longer a "new" car =) . So I basicly bought a new Cobra for a used car price.

Have only made some "minior" mods on the car since I have bought it . The first thing I did was replaced the filter with a BBK cold air intake with a K&N air filter. Looks great and make a nice whine when you stomp the throttle. Second I got the 2.92 pully and a Diablo chip. Nice little horse power gain there for the money IMO. I have allso replaces the "skidyears" with some Nitto 555 285/40/17 on the rear and 275/40/17 on the front (Very nice upgrade over the goodyears). Then I have bolstered the mach 460 sound system with a Memphis Audio amp, Speakers and a Pioneer head unit with Infinity Technology 10' subs. I have the Magnaflow cat back system due sometime this week and cant wait to hear it !

I looked at STI's ,Evos and SS Camaros befor I bought this . Over time I have been so happy I decided on the SVT ! Its power makes grin everytime I mash the throttle ! And My buddy with his heavy moded Evo had to say "DAMN that car is fast!"

Congrats!