My 2011 GT at Laguna Seca 6-26-11

• Sponsors (?)

Bobwb,
It's a stick.. and I can tell you the first heat out.. was miss shift!! Missed 3rd alot and went into 5th until I got use to the gate of the stock shifter. Motor is still stock.. no power added, just the brakes rotors and pads. With the Roush track Pak (Coilovers) and better that stock tires.. Was running the Nitto NT-05's with 2010 9.5x18 GT500 Rims.

http://i1197.photobucket.com/albums...ures-ReFuelPurple1210pm-CorkscrewCP4_0661.jpg

Oh man! That rocks. Can you do track days with a convertible? I think one of the cars you
encountered was a convertible. You can do autocross with a convertible, and drag racing to
a certian ET, not sure about track time (we have Car Guys, and some driving clubs).
That is just beautiful video ... sniff.

Oh man! That rocks. Can you do track days with a convertible? I think one of the cars you
encountered was a convertible. You can do autocross with a convertible, and drag racing to
a certian ET, not sure about track time (we have Car Guys, and some driving clubs).
That is just beautiful video ... sniff.

You can but the rules say the roll bar has to be over the drivers head.. So if they put a ruler on top of the roll bar to the windscreen it clears the top of the drivers head with a helmet.

How do u handle a car on a road track as far as shifting goes. I've never done it and am very interested in finding some of the best strategies

All of your downshifting is completed before turn in. Either with heel-toe downshifting or left foot braking. Heel-toe makes you look like a hero to fan-boys. Left foot braking can cause you to have a ventilated gearbox, but is a lot faster method.

You never shift mid corner, it changes the torque applied to the rear wheels and can cause cause unpredictability.

How do u handle a car on a road track as far as shifting goes. I've never done it and am very interested in finding some of the best strategies

I try to do all my down shifting while I am under braking and have it all done before a turn to get into the best gear for a corner.This way you can use the most power out of the corner. Most of the turns are 3rd gear at laguna but from turn 6 to 11 is 4th. down to 2nd in 11 and 4th to 5th before turn 2, back into 3rd.

Hope that helps.

Bobwb,
It's a stick.. and I can tell you the first heat out.. was miss shift!! Missed 3rd alot and went into 5th until I got use to the gate of the stock shifter. Motor is still stock.. no power added, just the brakes rotors and pads. With the Roush track Pak (Coilovers) and better that stock tires.. Was running the Nitto NT-05's with 2010 9.5x18 GT500 Rims.

http://i1197.photobucket.com/albums...ures-ReFuelPurple1210pm-CorkscrewCP4_0661.jpg

Dude, I love track vids. :)

What was the outside temp?

Seems like the Nitto's did the job. And there wasn't a whole lotta tire noise.

I wish I could hit some of those west coast tracks. I'm "stuck" with Summit Point and VIR lol. :)

Dude, I love track vids. :)

What was the outside temp?

Seems like the Nitto's did the job. And there wasn't a whole lotta tire noise.

I wish I could hit some of those west coast tracks. I'm "stuck" with Summit Point and VIR lol. :)

Outside temp was around 70-75* with a nice breeze.
For street tire they arnt half bad..With that being said.. you know they dont have the grip levels like a race or D.O.T race tire..Cold PSI I found to be around 23-25lbs they get hot fast. First heat out hot temps where in the mid to upper 40's psi. and the back gets slick. Will I keep using them, yes. Will I get the fastest lap times with them, No.. For the price of the tire I can go a little slower or they are hard to pass up.

You can say a lot about California. but we do have a few tracks to run...makes it nice to play.