My 2012 GT first impressions Day 1

I really don't know where to start. This thing drives amazing. I went with the Auto and am so glad. I became a believer in Autos when I put a Lentech AOD in my 93' coupe. This Auto will not disappoint. The vehicle drives effortless in every situaton. I thought I was cruising about 60 mph and looked down and was going 80 (no joke and on more than one occasion). That surprised me alot and will have to be careful of that until I get accustomed to this beast. I haven't messed with the AdvanceTrac system yet but seems pretty simple after skimming the owner's manual. The acceleration is already awesome. It's going to be insanely sick when the Steeda tune and CAI arrive. If you are considering a new 5.0, consider no longer and go get it. If I had to put one negative on the vehicle, it would be the blind spots due to the pillars. However, Ford equipped the vehicle with blindspot mirrors so Kuddos to them for dealing with the issue. Well, I'm rolling out. I'm going to go find a Camaro and make it feel like it was on the wrong end of prison sex. 5.0 baby:lol::lol::nice:

Attachments

• stangyard2.jpg
    stangyard2.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 155
  • stangyard.jpg
    stangyard.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 157
  • Sponsors (?)

Looks great! Congrats!!

If your really wanting to get nasty with it, apply the brakes and push and hold the trac control button until it turns off the advanced trac. Then if your on curvey roads and want it to downshift on deceleration, push the little button on the side of the shifter.

I love my auto too! :nice:

i'm with you guys, I've always beleived you never get a mustang with an Auto until now. I actually bought the car for my Wife(heartlessly) not realizing what the car was really about. needless to say on day 2 im already looking at exhaust and other easy stuff to install. Working with Lamborghini's 55 hours a week, not too much regarding cars inpresses me but driving this car cruising woodward makes me feel 16 again it's sick.

Great cars all around.

I just ordered mine in a manual but I'm not opposed to autos. My last car was an auto and I loved it. If the price weren't $1200 high for an option that I am indifferent about then I would have gone auto but I'd rather spend the money on other options.

i'm with you guys, I've always beleived you never get a mustang with an Auto until now. I actually bought the car for my Wife(heartlessly) not realizing what the car was really about. needless to say on day 2 im already looking at exhaust and other easy stuff to install. Working with Lamborghini's 55 hours a week, not too much regarding cars inpresses me but driving this car cruising woodward makes me feel 16 again it's sick.

Great cars all around.

Hey local pal! Where do you work on Lambo's? Maybe we can meet up somewhere on Woody once it stops raining....if that ever happens. :) I'm kinda old too, by the way. Well, not super old.

I've got nothing against auto's. My 92 vette had an auto and it was amazing. I wanted a stick on mine, because I missed the driving experience of it. I would not dis anyone either way because it has be come a driver choice over performance issue.

Although, I still think the stick is better since you can always shift where you think is right. But then again, you might be wrong... Auto's are so quick shifting now it's insane.

I hate the blind spot in my 08. There was none in my 03. Driving the new Camaros is like looking out of a tank, no joke. I have several guys at work that are die hard Chevy guys and they couldn't believe it after test driving the camaro. The rear window is so small and the c pillars so large they hated it.

Hey

Hey local pal! Where do you work on Lambo's? Maybe we can meet up somewhere on Woody once it stops raining....if that ever happens. :) I'm kinda old too, by the way. Well, not super old.

Lamborghini Troy...Troy Motor Mall.
Yea definitly i live a mile off woodward on 12 mile in berkley

I'm never far. HAHA

Stop raining...year right. its michigan, did you forget?

Highlineguy

Attachments

• stang.jpg
    stang.jpg
    162.1 KB · Views: 104
  • stang2.jpg
    stang2.jpg
    139.4 KB · Views: 121
The Steeda Tune and CAI have been installed for about 2 weeks now. I could not believe the crazy difference that it made. It literally scared me when I nailed it the first time; huge pucker factor. It was simply because I was not expecting that much of a difference. The car's back end broke loose going to second gear boiling the tires and chirped 3rd at 80 mph. I really did not think a tune and CAI could do that. It made the car stupid fast. The power is abrupt and feels more like a race car. Get the Steeda 93/87 race tune with with CAI guys. BTW, The 87 race tune feels just as harsh.

Here's a new pic in the shade with the windows tinted..

Attachments

• stangtint1.jpg
    stangtint1.jpg
    21.1 KB · Views: 92
The Steeda Tune and CAI have been installed for about 2 weeks now. I could not believe the crazy difference that it made. It literally scared me when I nailed it the first time; huge pucker factor. It was simply because I was not expecting that much of a difference. The car's back end broke loose going to second gear boiling the tires and chirped 3rd at 80 mph. I really did not think a tune and CAI could do that. It made the car stupid fast. The power is abrupt and feels more like a race car. Get the Steeda 93/87 race tune with with CAI guys. BTW, The 87 race tune feels just as harsh.

Here's a new pic in the shade with the windows tinted..

How much more noise did you notice with the CAI? I've been wanting to add a tuner (and maybe a CAI), but I want to keep the car nice and quiet inside.

Also, did you get the ghost cam idle too?