My 82 project. *Lots of pics*

That car is going to be super nice when you get it done! Good work! I guess that ive been overlooking this thread but im going to bookmark it now, keep the updates comming.

• Sponsors (?)

good work man! i'm glad you got back at it. i completely understand taking a break, when i painted my car i had the same problem on a few panels that you had. whats going on is the paint is eating itself because the temperature is too cold for the reducer you and i used, so it wasn't fully evaporating, causing a chemical reaction. i pretty much did the same thing you did to fix it.

I have started doing the electrics. Actually I only have torn some old wires away. Also sanded all the surface rust off from the footwells(not sure of the word, but you'll see picture later), and coated that with zinc paint.

I also cut a thick piece of metal where to mount new shifter(B&M Megashifter).
I had to cut a rail for the cable. Unfortunately I allready welded the metal plate on, because I think that the cable is not getting enough room. I'll have to modify that again.

View attachment 245093
I assembled the wires of the dash to two "connectors/plugs"(whatever they are called), so that if I need to take the dash of, I only have to unplug these.
Other one is male and other is female connector so I won't mix themselves:)
I'll wire the sensors soon.

View attachment 245094
The zinc paint still wet in drivers footwell. I'll have to paint some mechanically more durable paint over that because this comes easily off when there is some kind of friction/rubbing.

View attachment 245095
Same operation to the spare tire compartment. The original spare tire from 1982 was still in good condition:D looked more like a motorcycle tire lol.

View attachment 245096
The cable rail still needs some modification, but it actually works now, but I think that's too sharp angle to leave it that way.

I now have two days to fully work on the car. And if I feel up to it, I may have some wiring done. Let's hope so.

Here's the pic of my other DD, I like it alot. Actually I bought this to patch the lack of being able to drive a v8 US car(my mustang).
View attachment 245097