Progress Thread My 89 Lx Gets The Trickflow Top End Treatment Etc....etc.

• Sponsors (?)

So when do we get the full walk around and driving video uploaded on YouTube to watch? [emoji2]

Sent from my big ass iPhone 6 using Tapatalk
I guess as soon as I can figure out how to do it...Haha, But seriously I appreciate the interest and all the help and encouragement that I received, when your back is killing you and it's late and nothing is going right, it's the little things that keep you going.:SN:

Reactions: 1 users
I could see both vids fine. I know you said you still need to tinker with the idle, but how does it drive?
Unfortunately I've only driven it twice, I know what's wrong with me ?? first time I was just hoping nothing would fall off or leak, second time went much better, beat on it a little bit and it definitely wants to live in the higher rpm's, once I figured that out it was alot of fun for the short time I drove it, the SVE radiator kept it cool along with the 180 degree thermostat which was a relief, before the top end it was running on the hotter side. So far I'm pretty happy, Trick Flow stuff goes together like it should...instructions could be more specific, and it fired up on the first attempt without really any fuss, the idle is a little low but it does't stall and it does't hunt. So far really my only regret is the off road x pipe, stinks up the whole house when I back it into the garage, gonna need to pull it in or get a catted x.....Haha

Reactions: 1 users
Black paint, the struggle is real !!! Now I don't wanna take it outside. On a more serious note I've decided I'm gonna purchase a Eibach pro line kit and some new struts since it'll be apart, I am curious for thoughts on this, bad , good kit ? Who has just cut coils ? At this time I'm really just interested in dropping the front down but figured I'd just get the kit if I change my mind. I am also concerned about the 9" front wheels with 245 tires possibly rubbing the crap out of the fender, maybe I need to replace them with 8"
20160905_142927.jpg
20160905_143134.jpg

Reactions: 3 users
very nice Joe. Black paint is a PITA to get all tthe swirl and scratches out of for sure. I would not recommend the sportline kit as IMO they ride like crap and lower the car about 2". I prefer the H&R or Steeda springs. If you do want Eibah, I like the drag springs better.

Reactions: 1 user
very nice Joe. Black paint is a PITA to get all tthe swirl and scratches out of for sure. I would not recommend the sportline kit as IMO they ride like crap and lower the car about 2". I prefer the H&R or Steeda springs. If you do want Eibah, I like the drag springs better.
I have no preference to any of the manufacturers other than a decent product with the best ride possible, I don't auto cross and I never will haha. Just wanna close up that front fender gap, I'll check out the companies you mentioned thanks.

i running the sve lowering springs with some cheap struts on the front and a 17x9 wheels, and the only time mine rubs if i hit a big bump in the road, oh im also running 96 spindles. i am never going to race it just mostly weekend driver so i wasnt real worried about the ride being to rough, but it doesnt ride that bad so i havent changed it.

My opinion...I ran the eibach pro kit(springs and struts) for a couple years. It's an ok kit. Too harsh for me and they sucked at the track. For spirited driving around curves..:nice:

My present setup is MM 14"-175# coilovers with strange adj struts. I also used MM CC plates and UPR bumpsteer kit with both. The coilovers allow you to adjust exactly how high or low you want to set the frontend. The 175's are a little soft for spirited cornering but for cruising/highway they work perfect. And give great weight transfer for the track. You could possibly go with a 225 spring. For a more definitive answer just contact maximum motorsports for recommendations. Great tech service department.

Unfortunately I've only driven it twice, I know what's wrong with me ?? first time I was just hoping nothing would fall off or leak, second time went much better, beat on it a little bit and it definitely wants to live in the higher rpm's, once I figured that out it was alot of fun for the short time I drove it, the SVE radiator kept it cool along with the 180 degree thermostat which was a relief, before the top end it was running on the hotter side. So far I'm pretty happy, Trick Flow stuff goes together like it should...instructions could be more specific, and it fired up on the first attempt without really any fuss, the idle is a little low but it does't stall and it does't hunt. So far really my only regret is the off road x pipe, stinks up the whole house when I back it into the garage, gonna need to pull it in or get a catted x.....Haha

Seriously though if you are looking for a catted x-pipe I have one for shorty headers. I just switched over to the pro chamber. The friend I bought it off of said it was a Bassani but I don't see Bassani anywhere on there, nevertheless it's a well built pipe.
12799165_10156576074915710_2132641191203214248_n.jpg

Seriously though if you are looking for a catted x-pipe I have one for shorty headers. I just switched over to the pro chamber. The friend I bought it off of said it was a Bassani but I don't see Bassani anywhere on there, nevertheless it's a well built pipe.
12799165_10156576074915710_2132641191203214248_n.jpg
I'll give it awhile longer before I decide to take it off, but you'll be the first to know.

I finally took a proper walk around video, had some time to drive it tonight, finally took a timing gun to it and it was quite retarded, advanced it to 14 or 15, I can't see worth a :poo:, and man did it like that !! I'm gonna need some higher octane fuel, there's garbage in it now cause I'm cheap, but it really came alive now at the lower rpms. It doesn't stall at all but it is on the rich side but no engine light yet maybe I'm just not used to having the cats removed, still gotta mess with exhaust, I think I still have a leak and the tails are crooked as :poo:. Gonna get the 275 rear tires put on this week and hopefully drop that nose down by the end of the month.

Last edited:
Reactions: 10 users
Thanks guys, I think I finally got the payoff I was looking for....My 13 year old son actually put down his video game to see what he was hearing, and was really amazed it was the same car and then he actually wanted to go for a ride.

Reactions: 7 users
Thanks guys, I think I finally got the payoff I was looking for....My 13 year old son actually put down his video game to see what he was hearing, and was really amazed it was the same car and then he actually wanted to go for a ride.
Very cool Joe, it's great when our boys take an interest in the cars.

Nice paint BTW.

Pretty, pretty car and it sounds so sweet too! You got to be happy.