Progress Thread My 89 Lx Gets The Trickflow Top End Treatment Etc....etc.

• Sponsors (?)

Tomorrow we're gonna give the tire another try, so I decided to straightened the exhaust out, when I took the tires off passenger side was rubbing the tail pipe pretty bad. So I loosened everything up and moved it around. Again in case there was any confusion the first time I mentioned it " I really hate you guys with lifts " there I feel better.

20160918_143958.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 users
In this pic you'll probably get why my wife is pretty upset about the off road pipe, hahah. It is the basement but it seems to travel quickly through the entire house. Maybe she'll get used to it or I'll get faster at moving it out ?

20160918_152648.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
I also had off road H pipes on my early cars, until I owned a 351W powered Ranger that turned out to have rust holes in the floor where it met the back cab wall. The exhaust smell would come up through there so strong at stop lights, that I damn near got woozy from it a few times. Since selling that truck and having vehicles with cats, I will never go back. Dont miss the smell one bit.

Reactions: 1 user
I've owned and been around classic cars with no cats my whole life, but they all had carburetors, there seems to be a distinct difference with the smell from a injected car, it's a suffocating smell that's hard to describe while the carburetor cars have more of fuel smell to me.

20160923_190019.jpg

Managed to get out to a local fireman's fund raiser car show tonight, new tires don't seem to be rubbing anything. Only fox there but plenty of Mustangs, don't know if I won anything cause I had to leave early...doh !

Last edited:
Reactions: 6 users
Took the car over to the Pompton Lakes N.J. Chamber of Commerce car show, they close the center of town and park the cars right on the main st. Unfortunately the car decided to kinda run like :poo:, it was cooler than any other time I've driven the car, it was
20161016_124043.jpg
bucking with lots of hesitation and what sounded pretty much like a back fire or two, now the trip was only a mile or two so not a big deal getting back and forth. I never did get around to adjusting the TPS when I replaced the throttle body so that is what I'm counting on.........we'll see.

Reactions: 1 users
Took the car over to the Pompton Lakes N.J. Chamber of Commerce car show, they close the center of town and park the cars right on the main st. Unfortunately the car decided to kinda run like ****, it was cooler than any other time I've driven the car, it was
20161016_124043.jpg
bucking with lots of hesitation and what sounded pretty much like a back fire or two, now the trip was only a mile or two so not a big deal getting back and forth. I never did get around to adjusting the TPS when I replaced the throttle body so that is what I'm counting on.........we'll see.
Hope that fixes the problem. Doesn't sound like a TPS issue. Make sure to run codes.

Soooo, I take a look at the TPS voltage and it's not that outta wack but I got the screw driver and the meter so I mess with it a little bit. I move on to checking me some codes, comes up #66 no mass air flow signal. Son of a bitch, it's brand new damn it ! Some heads are gonna roll for screwing me with a bad Maf. I'm figuring out my next steps when it dawns on me, it would probably work better if the harness was plugged all the way in, the new Maf came with an adapter and I just didn't push it in all the way. DOH !!! Took it for a ride and it runs great, really pulls hard over 2,000 and then x pipe really starts to shine. :D

Last edited:
Reactions: 6 users
20170622_131948.jpg

Finally got off my ass and ordered me
some springs and struts, MM caster plates, nothing fancy but at least the 4x4 stance will be outta here! Oh and a Mach 1 chin spoiler for the hell of it.

Reactions: 5 users