My 96 Cobra's mini progress thread

• Sponsors (?)

I'll get you the part number for that scratch resistant clear. You have a window of 4-48 hours after being sprayed that you can sand and buff it. I'm hoping its not ridiculously expensive tho! That bumper looks really good. Your gonna end up shooting the whole car to make it all look real nice!! lol jkjk

Matt - Haven't been around much lately, Life's been busy. Getting close to the wedding and closing on the house :)

The bumper looks bad ass! I'm hopefully going to be painting my car this summer, white again, most likely single stage.

Hey i thought you were selling this one? :p

looks good mang:nice:

Thanks bro!

I'll get you the part number for that scratch resistant clear. You have a window of 4-48 hours after being sprayed that you can sand and buff it. I'm hoping its not ridiculously expensive tho! That bumper looks really good. Your gonna end up shooting the whole car to make it all look real nice!! lol jkjk

Okay thanks. I'd be willing to try that out on the next car I do. Anything Dupont is more expensive than anything else. Nason is made by Dupont, so you know it's good and it's cheaper, much cheaper. Man, after painting the cover, and installing the new lights....it's gonna make me wanna paint the whole car again. I'm not going to though. I am painting the hood next. bc/cc though. I think wetsanding and rubbing single stage black would drive me up the wall. You can get it so flat and perfect, but getting all the swirls and stuff out would just take forever. It's much harder than cc, so it would just take waaay too much time. I would paint the whole car, but that would be a lot of work and I don't think it would help me sell the car. The cover and the hood are the only bad parts.

Matt - Haven't been around much lately, Life's been busy. Getting close to the wedding and closing on the house :)

The bumper looks bad ass! I'm hopefully going to be painting my car this summer, white again, most likely single stage.

Hey i thought you were selling this one? :p

I've noticed. We've missed ya! The wdding is super close, man, I can't believe how time flies. CLosing on a house??????????:shrug:......:nice::nice: Sweet man! PM me about it. Congrats!

I am selling the 96, so I want to make the cover and hood and lights all new because when the front of a car looks like chit, people think the whole thing is a pos, and it's not. I do NOT want to sell this but two Cobras, and wanting to move to the next level with the woman, is gonna be rough...financially. The 96 is long paid for, but I have a lot into it and hopefully could get at least 11 out of it. I'd like to get 12, but that would be pushing it. It is a salvage title, and times are tough for people. I'm still losing a lot no matter what I sell it for, unless I got about 18-20K....but I'd be DREAMING if I wanted that. lol

If I was single, I'd keep both for sure. :D

Dump the girl keep the cobra???

You know I'm kidding with that one. :D Looking real good. I envy you, having the ability to paint things right at your place there. I need my front bumper shot, and have to rely on a painter, and spend tons of money. Might actually prevent me from doing it! I think you could get 11 for the car, but again that depends on the economy, and the desire. I browsed my local CL and man oh man. People were asking a TON of $$ for ratty foxes, but next to nothing for SN95s.

Dump the girl keep the cobra???

You know I'm kidding with that one. :D Looking real good. I envy you, having the ability to paint things right at your place there. I need my front bumper shot, and have to rely on a painter, and spend tons of money. Might actually prevent me from doing it! I think you could get 11 for the car, but again that depends on the economy, and the desire. I browsed my local CL and man oh man. People were asking a TON of $$ for ratty foxes, but next to nothing for SN95s.

HAHA...no, no, I'm not doing that. She's a keeper.

I do know that you are kidding though! :nice:

Thanks man, I appreciate the compliment. That is really all I've loved doing is working on cars. I didn't play high school sports and I don't follow anything really, I just live in the car scene.

It's gonna kill me to have to sell it. I just hate having morons coming over and tire kicking. I just want to say, don't knock anything, don't ask dumb questions, I'm NOT the original owner...etc. Don't offer me 7 or 8 etc... IF the car was as got it and I never touched it over the last 7 years, sure, 8 might be considerable....but I have more mods on this car than in my sig. It would cost somebody a lot more than 12K to buy, build and own a car like this. I didn't think I'd get what I got for my black salvage titled 4 banner swap car notchback, nor did I think I'd get what I got for Hack Job being an 81, looking newer and having 2001 parts on it, but I did. I'm just gonna stay confident and see what happens.

Or just sell the Termi.

:hide:

Yeah I know what you mean.

I think you will get what you want for it. A well done, SCed cobra is a nice find. It wont hurt to ask 12-12.5 and see where it goes from there. Tire kickers suck, but this day and age it seems those guys stop at the phone calls and emails if you weed them out.

Yeah I know what you mean.

I think you will get what you want for it. A well done, SCed cobra is a nice find. It wont hurt to ask 12-12.5 and see where it goes from there. Tire kickers suck, but this day and age it seems those guys stop at the phone calls and emails if you weed them out.

Yeah, thanks. It is very nicely done. Everything looks factory. No zip ties, no fabbed brackets, nothing. Plus, it just got the new trans, clutch, water pump, coolant, tune, MGW in 2009, and struts, tie rods, 04 Cobra steering shaft, shocks, alignment at the end of 2007. That was my plan, to ask 12,500 and go from there. I looked at other around my area on Autotrader. There is either $8,500 90K Cobras around, or $15,000-$18,000 5-10K Cobras. I think I'll have an advantage having all the right parts good miles and an average price. Plus, I know my car is nicer than all those. (Not being cocky, but you can tell in pics if something is decent or not) :flag:

Whats the difference in the 2004 Cobra Steering shaft? Is this something thats relatively cheap?

Well...let me explain....

I found one on Ebay at Home for your Ford Mustang @ Blue Oval Industries for $34.95. They were having a "blow-out" sale on them, so I figured why not?? Mine had 50K and this one is new.

When I removed mine, I compared them, and they were exactly the same IMO. one good thing, is the rubber on the 04 shaft was MUCH stiffer than mine. Mine was not cracked or rotted either, so maybe that is what was different.

I also found a broken roller bearing in the firewall that fell out of the pocket it is supposed to sit in...:nice: I replaced it, and all the play in my wheel I put up with for 5 years was gone!!!:hail2: I would have never found that if I didn't buy the new shaft. :rlaugh:

I also have poly rack bushings, I bought and never installed. Even though I'm selling it I'd like to just install them to see if they'd improve anything. I really don't feel like touching the Termi, because everything is new still. That thing handles night and day different from my 96, even with the 96 having all new suspension recently done, so it doesn't really need them.

Your Woman buys mine for 12 (way more than fair price for mine CONSIDERING THE LOW MILES & extras) , I'll give you 10 for yours. Then we BOTH know that our cars went to good homes :nice:

NO BS Matt.

snack.gif

Your Woman buys mine for 12 (way more than fair price for mine CONSIDERING THE LOW MILES & extras) , I'll give you 10 for yours. Then we BOTH know that our cars went to good homes :nice:

NO BS Matt.

View attachment 257367

Deal is done. :nice: Thanks for dropping all the stock parts off last night. We'll swap cars this weekend...even though you got :ban:

so whats the woman getting?

I have been trying to sell my 96 for 6 weeks. I have not got one call. Jay and I are good friends and we are trading cars. My 96 supercharged Cobra, for his 03 GT vert. He has always wanted a 4V blower car, and I will have an easier time selling his car than mine. They are prolly worth the same too.

While some of you might think I'm nuts....everybody I know has said do it.

His car: 27K, Prochamber, Flowmaster cat-back, Steeda u/d pullies, 4.10's, 31 splines, Tri-ax, Mach 1 grill, Mach 1 front air dam, flat black spoiler, honeycomb tail panel.

My car: 54K, CHECK SIG!!!

The joke is that my girlfriend is going to take over his car. It's a white GT with a white top and white leather, with a white light bar. His car is the cleanest GT around. He is anal about upkeep, so I am happy with the deal. I'm changing the 4.10's down to 3.55's, and I have the stock h-pipe with only 5K on it, and the stock cat-back with only 10K on it, and the stock pullies. I'm considering putting the stock H-pipe back on and maybe the pullies. I think the cat-back is a nice touch and it sounds great. I'm leaving the Mach 1 parts because they add a nice touch.

your car have a clean title, or was it the 91 that had the salvage title

The 96 has a salvage title. But that's not why I haven't got calls. I did not provide the VIN or say it in the description. I just haven't got calls. I bought it in October of 2000 and started driving it in February 2001. Winter was light that year, then from 2002-2009, it was a June-August/September car.

I figure getting his car which he bought new, putting the stock exhaust back on it, and a 3.55 gear, I can market to a 18 year old kid who's mommy or daddy is gonna pay for it, to a 55 year old woman. My car.....chit....I can only market it to a small market of kids in their 20's. Plus....you can't get a loan on a car over 7 years old, and you can't get a car loan on a salvage title car, so someone has to have at least 10K or better in cold hard cash. That's not gonna happen.