My Big Block Fox Finished Product...56k Warning

Discussion in 'Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech' started by ExplodingGopher, Oct 8, 2005.

1. ExplodingGopher

ExplodingGopher New Member

Pics updated 4-23-2010 Car is for sale now, see below.....

Update: added newish pics, not quite current, car has been stored for two years now started and driven a little each year, motor has about 3000 miles on it, still a beast, added flowmaster super40s with dumps and thats how its gonna stay....

Car is currently for sale for $9000 obo, I have about $14000 into it now, $4500 from summit, $5000 misc, $4500 paid for the orig. car w/built 5.0. It is a collector car, has ohio collector's plates, one of ~400 hatches made in "91 black on black. I have decided to move to FL to pursue some endeavors and having a WRX, Z28 and mustang is too much to take with me. So i picked the stang to try and find an enthusiast who will finish her suspension and take care of her. I will include both the 6" and 4" hoods and any other spare parts in the sale, the 4" hood needs some fitting still and latches installed, i have them brand new, and the 4" hood needs to be painted due to some scratches from shipping.

Well i finally borrowed my boss's camera to take some pics, there are 16 pics so be patient its well worth it. This is the product of my toiling for about 4 months. completely built 1968 466 ford, 1991 lx hatch mustang.

Heres a link to the best damn 429/460 forums on the net who also helped me build my combo:
    460 Ford Forum - Powered by vBulletin

The old serpentine setup basically uses the 5.0 crank pulley, 5.0 alternator holder assembly, 5.0 thunderbird water pump pulley for standard rotation, and the 5.0 power steering assembly that i just made a bracket for. There are no slipping issues AT ALL with the serp setup i have and it works great. The new setup i made uses a CSR E-waterpump and still retains the P/S and Alt.

Heres a break down of what is done to the motor and other info:

Motor and stuff:
    10.4:1 compression, 1968 lincoln 460 bored .030, 1968 crank turned .010 under, MSD 6A, MSD Billet distributor, MSD plug wires, all sealed power bearings and piston rings, flat hydraulic cam is 234/244 @.050 with .552/.578 lift and 112LSA, eagle I beam rods with floating pins, KB 206 hypereutectic pistons 15cc dish, 1968 C8VE heads ported and polished, 1.7 crane roller rockers, BG 850 CFM speed demon double pumper carb, edelbrock torker II intake, holley black 140gph fuel pump, mallory reg with return, summit pro-street 15 gal. aluminum fuel cell, hooker super comp swap headers full length, 3" exhaust with E-cutouts/H pipe/ super 40 flows out the 3" SS tails, , competition engineering subframe connectors, 3.73 gears, 5.0L HD aluminum FRPP radiator, 5" element K&N air cleaner, flex-a-lite model 210 dual puller fans, 15x8 weld draglites in the back 15x5 up front, i think thats it.

Transmission:
    new ford C6 3 speed auto, B&M hammer shifter, TCI streetfighter 3000 rpm stall, TCI manual VB, flexlite tranny cooler, and some B&M trick shift :)

I was surprised of how many things i could just use over from the 5.0, you could run A/C and P/S if you wanted. The swap itself isn't hard at all if you have the swap headers, motor mounts, and oil pan. Im using the stock shifter inside hooked right up to the C6.

Overall: Would i do it again, HELL YES I WOULD, it is amazing having that much power at any instant, and to know that i built it is just a great feeling of accomplishment. I spent about $6000 total for all the parts, most i got through FRPP and Summit Racing. If anybody has anymore Q's just let em fly. lol

Teaser slide show: http://media.putfile.com/466bbfox-Teaser

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. bentley429

bentley429 Banned

Nice, bet that thing isnt having traction problems :rolleyes:

3. Foxfan88

Foxfan88 My Grandpa has great wood.

OMG NICE!
    a nice sleeper, sure its a big hood but will people expect a BUILT 460??
    i doubt it

what are kind of power you making, wasnt it like 500rwhp or something??

nice job!! :nice:

4. ExplodingGopher

With the big valves in the heads/porting i did, and the cam, i'd say 450 rwhp+ and alot more torque lol. thx.

5. FordRacing302

FordRacing302 Active Member

Nice car there man...But if it was mine, Id definately downsize the hood to a 2 inch cowl max. Give it more of a sleeper look...And what kind of mufflers are those???

6. ExplodingGopher

The minimum cowl size i can have is 4", but summit only had one in stock and it was cracked, so i said WTH gimme the 6" lol. Those are spintech Prostreets. I gotta get some sound clips up soon, the cam is pretty big and the motor has 10.4:1 comp. it sounds very unique and wicked.

7. 88_GT_5_oh

88_GT_5_oh Sportin' a turbo 5.0 in Canadistan

you had to run that huge cowl right?
    either way man, i love it. i love seeing people doing all this work themselves and getting something nice in the end

congrats :cheers:

8. Daggar

Daggar New Member

:stupid:

9. Jaswir

Jaswir Member

hood is a lil big... but nice car... Get a clip of that exhaust... im thinking about getting spintec mufflers...

10. jackchan

jackchan New Member

my thoughts exactly!

That brings back some very fond memories..........what engine mounts? and how the hell did you get the serpentine on there.(that is sweet).
    Glad you shared those photos with us. More details please! :nice:
    the more information the better. I'd like to build another 460 car one day! Which transmission did you go with (C-6)?

11. MGD

MGD Member

:drool: Normally i would say the cowl is excessive, but it looks right @ home on that beast.

Wanna do mine next? :D

12. ExplodingGopher

I should go into the business of doing big block swaps lol. That serpentine setup basically uses the 5.0 crank pulley, 5.0 alternator holder assembly, 5.0 thunderbird water pump pulley for standard rotation, and the 5.0 power steering assembly that i just made a bracket for. There are no slipping issues AT ALL with the serp setup i have and it works great.

Heres a break down of what is done to the motor and other info:

Motor and stuff:
    10.4:1 compression, 1968 lincoln 460 bored .030, 1968 crank turned .010 under (practically brand new), MSD 6A, MSD Billet distributor, all sealed power bearings, cam is 234/244 @.050 with .552/.578 lift, eagle I beam rods with floating pins, KB 206 hypereutectic pistons 15cc dish, 1968 heads ported by me and with bigger valves, 1.7 roller rockers, BG 850 CFM speed demon double pumper carb, edelbrock torker II intake, holley black pro fuel pump, mallory reg with return, summit pro-street 16 gal. fuel cell, autogauge gauges, hooker super comp swap headers full length, 3" spintech prostreets dumped, competition engineering subframes, 3.73 gears, 5.0L HD aluminum FRPP radiator, thats all i can think of right now lol.

transmission: new ford C6 3 speed auto, TCI streetfighter 3000 rpm stall, trans go shift kit, flexlite tranny cooler, and some B&M trick shift :)

I was surprised of how many things i could just use over from the 5.0, you could run A/C and P/S if you wanted. The swap itself isn't hard at all if you have the swap headers, motor mounts, and oil pan. Im using the stock shifter inside hooked right up to the C6.

Overall: Would i do it again, HELL YES I WOULD, it is amazing having that much power at any instant, and to know that i built it is just a great feeling of accomplishment. I spent about $6000 total for all the parts, most i got through FRPP and Summit Racing. If anybody has anymore Q's just let em fly. lol

13. bluevenom867

bluevenom867 I will have images of molesting stuffed animals in

Yea,hows getting to that no.7 & 8 plug :rolleyes:

Looks good,now lets run em'!

:nice:

14. ExplodingGopher

Actually changing that plugs takes me 10 min. cause ive done it already. lol :)

Its taking the heads off thats impossible.

15. jackchan

jackchan New Member

i used kooks headers on my 460 stang back when I built it, which headers are you using? long tubes no doubt? Are they custom or just off the shelf?
    thanks
    and dont forget a sound clip for us sometime bro! :nice:
    Jack

a link to my old coupe with 460:
    460 fox blue thunder heads

16. bluevenom867

Read the post...Hooker swap headers.

17. jackchan

jackchan New Member

ahh I see it now. Kinda tired and my heads hurtin! lol thanks for pointing that out!
    Jack

18. ExplodingGopher

Im kinda wishing i would've went with a victor Jr. intake and a dominator HP or a king demon, buit hey its a budget build and im outta money lol. Maybe down the road. Nice car Jack.

19. ExplodingGopher

Oh yeah, the motor whn i got it a year ago, was a mild build complete fron intake to oil pan, had ~200 miles on it, was blue printed before i owned it. I picked it up from my old highschool shop teacher for $40 and turned it into a monster. It has had a rather rough history being stolen by one of my previous friends, etc. so i have some sentimental value in it.

20. bluevenom867

Na,you wouldnt need the dominator unless you had some fair sized aluminum heads and a big solid cam.

Whats on it now,850 speed demon,950?