My Big Block Fox Finished Product...56k Warning

• Sponsors (?)

I absolutely love your car. The only thing Im not stuck on is the ginormous hood. Personally I wouldve taken more time to find a shorter distributor or something and a low rise intake, but thats just me.

Besides wasnt that thread for the nicest foxes? If it was for the baddest ass fox youd have my vote.

Car RamRod said:
I absolutely love your car. The only thing Im not stuck on is the ginormous hood. Personally I wouldve taken more time to find a shorter distributor or something and a low rise intake, but thats just me.

Besides wasnt that thread for the nicest foxes? If it was for the baddest ass fox youd have my vote.

LOL thx, The only dizzy that is short is the stocker, and that intake is a low rise single plane, its the shortest one you can get. If i had a K-member spacer (which i can't afford) it would've fit under the old 2.5" cowl. I would rather have a 4" bolt on hood, but i was stuck with this one. I got used to it.

heres what the car looked like when it had the 302:

stang1.JPG

Car RamRod said:

Nah i was talking about the pic your favorite three stangs thread.

jackchan said:
oh there is no doubt in my mind........you have your's set up engine wise the best way.......cam, heads, intake, trans is all set up perfect. When I build another one I want it to be a milder engine. I think my heads, intake, carb, headers, were all to big, my cam was perfect, and of course the trans was to small IMHO........yours is gonna be a fun fun ride bro! I just drool looking at it!:drool::drool::drool:

What cam was in your car? specs? i want some kind of roller cam down the road when i rebuild, and stroke it.

I just want to keep the suspension stock for now, but have the largest tires i can fit in the back, thinking welds either rodlite or draglite with 5.5" backspacing ?, 15x8, tires 275/50/15. Nothing too fancy and it would probably be better than my bald street tires on there now.

I would like to build one of these someday, an 806 stroker, some Thor heads, just the shortblock is around ~$15,000 but just look at this damn thing lol:

Wonder if anybody has put one in a fox?
block.jpg

Can i get that with a 5 speed? :D Really though, does anyone make a bell housing to use a Tremec with a 460? I've got a friend with a '65/540ci in it...it's damn near scarey. Big blocks are wonderful untill you try to corner hard. You say it turns ok, and i'm sure it's fine for the street, but i couldnt live with a car that i couldnt autocross with, and i KNOW you can't cut corners in autox with a 460 :D

85_SS_302_Coupe said:
Can i get that with a 5 speed? :D Really though, does anyone make a bell housing to use a Tremec with a 460? I've got a friend with a '65/540ci in it...it's damn near scarey. Big blocks are wonderful untill you try to corner hard. You say it turns ok, and i'm sure it's fine for the street, but i couldnt live with a car that i couldnt autocross with, and i KNOW you can't cut corners in autox with a 460 :D

Yeah, strikly drag/pro-street/street weekend fun toy, no auto-x with this combo, you could daily drive it if you made it a very mild setup with EFI and a 6 speed. Yes lakewood makes a bellhousing to mate the 385 series motors to pretty much any tranny including the tremecs. I simpy didn't have the money to do it.

As fo the car cruises, i usually hang out local considering i get bad gas mileage, i will try however, next summer to try and go a little further to other cruises, like the one at summit, to show people what they can do if they put their mind to it and their passion into the work.