My Blank Canvas...pics

2007gt

Aug 17, 2006
Livermore, CA
My Blank Canvas...PICS!

Hello everyone. I’ve been lurking on the forum for quite a while, reading posts and searching topics. I’d like to thank everyone for all I’ve learned.

I just took delivery of my 2007 Mustang GT. I special ordered it and it took about 6-7 weeks to get to me. I like to share my plans for my “blank canvas” with everyone. Here’s a 360 degree tour of my new baby:

MyBlankCanvas001.jpg

MyBlankCanvas004.jpg

MyBlankCanvas015.jpg

MyBlankCanvas012.jpg

Here’s the reason I ordered an ’07 instead of saving a ton on a left over ’06. It’s the new for ‘07 chamois/charcoal interior option. Well… the wing delete was another reason. I didn’t want to have to fill those holes when the Street Scenes Gen I Duck Tail spoiler goes on:

MyBlankCanvas010.jpg

It’s a premium GT coupe with:

Performance white with black with chamois accent interior
Interior upgrade package
Premier trim package
Charcoal aluminum panel
Comfort group
Rear spoiler delete
3.55 rear axle
Side air bags

Here’s my plan for my plain Jane Mustang. Since I’m old, I remember when the 1966 Shelby GT350’s first came out. I was only 16 and could not afford one then and I sure can’t afford their current 6 figure price now! So, I’m going to build my own “dream car” (actually I’m going to have it built since I suck at doing mods myself). I saw this car at the Ford dealer and got wood for sure:

calconcepts1.jpg

This car was modified for the dealer by California Concepts. The strips are painted on and the quality blew me away. They pull all the trim, sand down the clear coat, paint the strips and then shoot clear coat. It looks factory….no, it looks better than factory. It was beautifully done. Here’s the rear view:

calconcepts2.jpg

Right then and there I decided to make a Mustang that would invoke the spirit of the ’66 Shelby’s I love. I visited California Concepts in Redwood City and it’s quite an operation. They must have had 30 cars and as many SUVs and trucks in work. They are a “one stop tuner”. I took some pictures of a “Boss” Mustang they built, supercharger and all:

CaliforiniaConcepts007.jpg

CaliforiniaConcepts003.jpg

The great thing about California Concepts is that I can choose what I want done and what parts they will use. They do all of the installation and paint work in house. Then they bill the Ford dealer for the cost of the package and the dealer rolls it into my auto loan. I knew all the retail prices up front and my dealer discounted the package from there. The wheels and tires were actually a little cheaper than if I’d bought them myself from Mustang Tuning and The Tire Rack.

I’m going to start out upgrading mainly the way the car looks with the performance upgrades to follow. I need to do a lot of research on the forum and ask a lot of questions first.

The way this was supposed to work was the car would get delivered to the dealer. California Concepts would then pick up the car. Two weeks later they would drop the finished car off back at the dealership and I would take delivery. Unfortunately some of my parts are back ordered so I’m waiting to have all the mods done at once.

Pictures of the mods to follow.

Attachments

• MyBlankCanvas001.jpg
    MyBlankCanvas001.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 105
  • MyBlankCanvas004.jpg
    MyBlankCanvas004.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 102
  • MyBlankCanvas015.jpg
    MyBlankCanvas015.jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 111
  • MyBlankCanvas010.jpg
    MyBlankCanvas010.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 99
  • MyBlankCanvas012.jpg
    MyBlankCanvas012.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 108
  • calconcepts2.jpg
    calconcepts2.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 89
  • calconcepts1.jpg
    calconcepts1.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 106
  • CaliforiniaConcepts007.jpg
    CaliforiniaConcepts007.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 101
  • CaliforiniaConcepts003.jpg
    CaliforiniaConcepts003.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 98
  • Sponsors (?)

Here are the mods I chose to make up my California Concepts Package that was rolled into the new car loan:

Steeda front rotors sitting in my living room waiting for the rears to show up:

rodney005.jpg

Steeda brake rotors and calipers painted with red caliper paint. They pull the calipers, clean and prep them for caliper paint:

rotor2.jpg

Anthracite Verde deep dish Bullitt wheels. 18X9 fronts and 18X10 rears:

deepdishbillettwheel.jpg

BF Goodrich KDW-2’s 255/45 front and 285/40 rear:

bfg_gforce_ta_kdw2_ci2_l.jpg

Cervini billet aluminum grill with running pony emblem:
Mustangparts007.jpg

Street Scene Duct Tail spoiler:

streetscenesducttail3.jpg

Flowmaster axle back mufflers. These were on that Boss Mustang I showed in the previous post. They sounded nice:

CaliforiniaConcepts001.jpg

I’m also replacing the rear deck’s GT “gas cap” emblem with a running pony version as used on the Hertz Shelby.

Mustangparts004.jpg

I almost went with the FRPP suspension kit but decided on just the Eibach Pro Kit lowering springs for now. Hopefully it will sit like this member’s beautiful car. Sorry I can’t give him credit for the picture as I have lost track of who’s beauty this is:

43170.jpg

Paint work will include stripes in Ford Vista Blue Metalic like this:

CaliforiniaConcepts005.jpg

and smoothing and color matching the mirrors in white.

It will be a good month before all this comes together. I can’t wait! I’ll post pictures when she’s done.

Thanks for looking!

Rick

Attachments

• rodney005.jpg
    rodney005.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 108
  • rotor2.jpg
    rotor2.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 100
  • deepdishbillettwheel.jpg
    deepdishbillettwheel.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 95
  • bfg_gforce_ta_kdw2_ci2_l.jpg
    bfg_gforce_ta_kdw2_ci2_l.jpg
    29.6 KB · Views: 101
  • Mustangparts007.jpg
    Mustangparts007.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 106
  • streetscenesducttail3.jpg
    streetscenesducttail3.jpg
    27.5 KB · Views: 98
  • CaliforiniaConcepts001.jpg
    CaliforiniaConcepts001.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 102
  • Mustangparts004.jpg
    Mustangparts004.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 94
  • 43170.jpg
    43170.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 90
  • CaliforiniaConcepts005.jpg
    CaliforiniaConcepts005.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 86
The stripes and ducktail will really wake up the looks of the all white Stang for sure!!! I love that interior color combo!!! I can tell you from my personal experience the Flows are sweet!!! Very audible under acceleration(deep rumble-NO RICE!!!) and very tame for those long highway cruises. I wll be looking forward to seeing your end results. Welcome and enjoy!!!!!

I love white on the Mustang. I really love the white GT with a red interior (my current one is silver with red). I'm not a great fan of stripes on Stangs as I think they are now a cliche (and blue on white arguably even more so) but it's nice to see quality painted stripes instead of vinyl. It's a nice detail. Keep up the good work.

Where in the heck is the "quote" function????

Anyway...."Where can one find that GT-H Fake Gas Cap?"

steedastang06,

I read that Shelby is using the emblem off the V6 mustang so that's what I bought from the Ford dealer.

LuS1fer,

I like the red interior with white too. I agree about the stripes but I just had to go for my '66 Shelby look fantasy.

Says you....

nwoh50 said:
"Performance white with black with chamois accent interior"

Then your going to add blue strips too,thats a NO NO to many color that don't blend together.

:shrug:

I think it will look awesome. Porsche is one company that encourages mixing many color options- i.e. Black convertible top, tan interior, white paint. Try getting a red vette with tan interior and a black vert top.... I guess Corvette agrees with your NO NO ruling.

This was a great introductory post. That white looks really sharp. Nice! :hail2: :flag:

FNG 2001 said:
I think it will look awesome. Porsche is one company that encourages mixing many color options- i.e. Black convertible top, tan interior, white paint. Try getting a red vette with tan interior and a black vert top.... I guess Corvette agrees with your NO NO ruling.

This was a great introductory post. That white looks really sharp. Nice! :hail2: :flag:

Why would you ever try to do the red vette with tan interior and a black vert top ??

Maybe red,Black top with Int accents in Tan
Never Full Tan Int.

Some people just don't get.... not every color is ment to be blended together with others.

Hate seeing Boyds 2 cars... that are Yellow with Grey Int.
:nono:

Getting a bit off topic here...Yeah, just because a certain color combo is available doesn't mean it should be done(but to each their own...)This is another example of just because it's available...
fadrear2.jpg

I hate to see us get caught up in matters of personal taste. These issues are not "right or wrong". People like different things. That's good. We have choices and that is supposed to make our hobby fun and our cars won't all look the same :nice:

nwoh50 said:
Some people just don't get..
:nono:
Very true, you seem to have a handle on that concept :rolleyes:

Not very often is a car, just transportation. More often, it is a canvas, a tool for expression, for some it is an art form.

Right for one, is not for another. No big deal.. Like it, don’t like it.. But anyone thinking they have a lock on what "works" is silly at best. Many other derogative words could be used to describe such folks.. But silly about sums it up.

I almost went for a white base color with charcoal interior. Thinking to build on that base color with mods. Then I found my O5 in Windveil Blue, an almost direct color match for the first Mustang I ever drove. My Mothers 1966 Coupe. Add to it the 05 was born on the same date (other then year) as my wife, and Windveil Blue it is :lol:

Have fun with your blank canvas... It's yours, build it with your dreams :nice:

Alrighty then, I bought something else to fill in the blank canvas. I fear this will be a highly polarizing item….love it or hate it. I’m going to temporarily install it on one side of the car only and compare it to stock. Then I’ll decide if it stays or goes back to Steeda (20% restocking charge and all).

Ok note the tail lights on the beloved Shelby GT350R:

Ford_Mustang_Shelby_350_R_3_jpgw.jpg

Here are Steeda’s trim pieces:

tail_light_trim_550.jpg

Flame suit on….prepare to stop, drop and roll! :)

Attachments

• tail_light_trim_550.jpg
    tail_light_trim_550.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 94
  • Ford_Mustang_Shelby_350_R_3_jpgw.jpg
    Ford_Mustang_Shelby_350_R_3_jpgw.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 105