My Blank Canvas...pics

• Sponsors (?)

Nice car - it looks great in white with spoiler delete and the interior is different. I'm a purist though, and really prefer the 'blank canvas' look. I would lower it and put those wheels on it and get on to the engine compartment. Have fun with it!

Hey 2007 GT...
I like your ideas/proposed mods. Individuality/personal expression is what makes our rides so special. The Performance White makes it very easy to customize, since the color combinations are really unlimited. I used chrome, red painted stripes, and black combinations on my Performance White GT. Others may not like it, but I sure do. Dress up your ride and then post the finished product. Just look at all of the great rides in the pix thread. None of them are identical.
RD

Thanks to everyone for your advice and support. My main hold up on this project has been the KVR sourced rear brake rotors from Steeda. I finally gave up on Steeda and went directly to the manufacturer (KVR) in :canada: .
They bent over backwards to help me. They were in the process of changing the bolts they use to hold the rotor onto the rotor hat from a gold colored cad plating to a dark grey colored titanium material. While the titanium bolts would be cool they wouldn't match the front rotors I already have:

rodney005.jpg

They agreed to make me up a set of rotors to match my fronts and sell them to me directly....thanks again Terry at KVR :nice: .

Hopefully I can get the car into California Concepts for it's transformation in a week or so :D

Attachments

• rodney005.jpg
    rodney005.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 70
Hey 2007GT, it looks like you've ordered exactly what I will here in a few months. Only I plan on going with either Alloy or Black with no stripes or spoiler. Could you post some more pics of that gorgeous chamois interior? :nice:

Could you post some more pics of that gorgeous chamois interior?

Cool, you like the interior colors too! :nice: . Now there are 2 people in the world that do :rlaugh: I REALLY like it myself. But when I show people the car's interior I get....polite silence. Oh well, it's my car :D . I think the chamois will look great with either of the colors you decide on.

Onward!

Scottybue,

Here are some more interior pictures you asked for. I think this first one is the closest to the real color of the chamios leather:

mods010.jpg

And a few more:

mods012.jpg

mods011.jpg

mods001.jpg

mods002.jpg

Attachments

• mods010.jpg
    mods010.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 69
  • mods002.jpg
    mods002.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 76
  • mods001.jpg
    mods001.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 76
  • mods011.jpg
    mods011.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 70
  • mods012.jpg
    mods012.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 69
I stink at working on cars but I thought I could do this "mini mod" so here goes! I decided to get rid of this thing:

mods013.jpg

And replace it with an 8" chrome piece form Mustang Tuning. Here's their kit laid out on the bench:

mods007.jpg

This is the correct adaptor and new antenna compared with the stock piece:

mods015.jpg

I padded the wrench jaws with strapping tape:

mods016.jpg

And here's my Mini Me Antenna :D :

mods019.jpg

This mod has been Autobahn tested to provide at least 3 MPH more top end :rlaugh:

Attachments

• mods013.jpg
    mods013.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 70
  • mods007.jpg
    mods007.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 70
  • mods015.jpg
    mods015.jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 68
  • mods019.jpg
    mods019.jpg
    29.3 KB · Views: 73
  • mods016.jpg
    mods016.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 74
Time to hang on the rear plate. I'm getting rid of the black self tapping factory screws and replacing them with 1/4-20 stainless steel cap screws:

mods023.jpg

Tapping out the factory holes to 1/4-20:

mods022.jpg

I chose this retro slim line chrome frame. Very 60's says this old guy :) :

mods024.jpg

Attachments

• mods023.jpg
    mods023.jpg
    29.2 KB · Views: 70
  • mods022.jpg
    mods022.jpg
    29.6 KB · Views: 76
  • mods024.jpg
    mods024.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 67
that should be a nice looking ride when you are done :nice:

I like the interior. It looks good. Only thing is, over time, that tan leather will stain :( It's the one regeret I have with my Yukon. Not even a year old and it has dark spots on it :( Looks good new though! :D

I received the Steeda tail light trim pieces I wanted to use. Installed they are supposed to look like this:

tail_light_trim_550.jpg

Here they are in the box as I received them from Steeda:

stockerchassis002.jpg

They are stuck to the bottom of the box by the 3M tape that is supposed to hold them on the tail light. I thought they would be a hard plastic but instead they are a rubbery substance. I became concerned when I saw that 2 tubes of Crazy glue were included with the kit. I don't know how long these things will last. They aren't polished stainless steel after all. I really don't want to destroy my tail light lenses with Crazy glue so I decided to try using just the 3M tape supplied. I cleaned the tail light with alcohol and applied the trim piece. Maybe others have gotten this thing to work but it didn't for me. :notnice: I am getting a stainless steel version soon.

Attachments

• stockerchassis002.jpg
    stockerchassis002.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 59
  • tail_light_trim_550.jpg
    tail_light_trim_550.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 66
Well done, sir! I thought you might have forgotten my request. I think that just about settles the fight between parchment and chamois for me. It looks awesome. Don't worry about staining. I use standard leather cleaner for my current tan leather interior and it pulls up just about everything back to new.

The tail light trim saga continues. American Muscle Car to the rescue :nice: I was going to get stainless steel trim pieces but I liked the crowned shape of these. They are plastic (so is the tail light) but the chrome is super deep unlike the Steeda pieces:

taillightframes004.jpg

Here's the crowned shape and deepness of the chrome I mentioned:

taillightframes003.jpg

I had no idea what the best way to stick these suckers on was. Maybe you can just peel all the tape's backing off and slap them on. I decided to try another method. After test fitting the part I decided to leave the tape's backing on the top 1/3 of the piece. I folded the backing over and used masking tape to attach it to the top of the piece. That way I could grab it and peel it off:

taillighttrim003.jpg

I set the top of the piece in place and lined everything up then applied pressure to the bottom 2/3's to stick it in place. Then some tweezers to grab the tape backing and peel it off:

taillighttrim004.jpg

Another successful "MINI MOD" :D :rlaugh: :nice: Here's the finished product:

taillighttrim007.jpg

It's all personal taste but I REALLY like the retro chrome look....just like the beloved 1966 Shelby GT 350:

Ford_Mustang_Shelby_350_R_3_jpgw.jpg

Attachments

• taillightframes004.jpg
    taillightframes004.jpg
    26.8 KB · Views: 68
  • taillightframes003.jpg
    taillightframes003.jpg
    21.6 KB · Views: 75
  • taillighttrim003.jpg
    taillighttrim003.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 75
  • taillighttrim004.jpg