my brother is forced into selling his 65 fastback

DarkoStoj

Founding Member
Sep 4, 2002
Detroit
hes expecting another kid, hes really bummed about having to sell it but he doesnt really question it since hes a real good father. I put up a nice ebay classified and was hoping if some of you guys might be able to spread the link to people and help him out a little since his wife recently lost her job at general motors and times are a little tight for them right now.

I went through and pretty much did all the work and upkeep on the car since hes not really so much of a car guy so i can answer any questions. I just put the mach one wheels on it to help it sell and i think they look super sharp! I'm sad to see it go too since I'm the one that mostly drove it too :D

thanks

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=270528128941

IMG_1008.jpg

IMG_1013.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

i just looked at your site for your car. You got any info on that center radio section you did? I wanted to do something similar to my 68...thats sharp!

thanks, I just got some steel and bent to the shape of my tunnel and then fit it in by grinding it and then i got some aluminum and "brushed" it after getting a machine shop to cut the holes for me for the gauges and DVD/Navi player. I mounted the aluminum to the steel. It was a pain cause i made it to fit before putting the rug in so i had to regrind it and recut the aluminum shorter when i installed it. Behind the steel is a frame screwed down to my tunnel to give it more support and for the steel to be screwed into something. I made the steel front indented so the aluminum was flush and not having sharp sides. I also cut up a stock radio mount and used the top of it to mount in the give the top more support. It was better than trying to make a trim piece for the top that would look good and match the rest of the car.

thanks, I just got some steel and bent to the shape of my tunnel and then fit it in by grinding it and then i got some aluminum and "brushed" it after getting a machine shop to cut the holes for me for the gauges and DVD/Navi player. I mounted the aluminum to the steel. It was a pain cause i made it to fit before putting the rug in so i had to regrind it and recut the aluminum shorter when i installed it. Behind the steel is a frame screwed down to my tunnel to give it more support and for the steel to be screwed into something. I made the steel front indented so the aluminum was flush and not having sharp sides. I also cut up a stock radio mount and used the top of it to mount in the give the top more support. It was better than trying to make a trim piece for the top that would look good and match the rest of the car.

got any up close pictures? Whats the model dvd/navi player?

Wish I had 15,000 that's a nice car.
thanks, its a shame it can't stay in the family