My car is broke....@#$%@$!!!

Houston94vert

Founding Member
Apr 13, 2001
Houston
Well it gave out last night. My #3 cylinder decided it didn't like the set of rings, so it got rid of them. It's okay. The days of my stock block were numbered. Spraying nitrous for over the past 2 years on a block with 99,000 miles on it.

Well here's what I need help with guys, so lets see what we got.

331-347 kit
x-303 cam
36 lb injetors
mass air
afr heads (don't know which ones to run 165 or 185 please help)

I need help on getting all these goodies..and recommendations... what set up should I be running?

THanks,

Josh

• Sponsors (?)

The X cam blows. Not really made for our cars. Do it right and a custom cam. I'll third on the AFR 185's. If your looking at the CCM add and I'm a assuming your are by the X cam thing, run like the wind. There motors suck ass.

I'll fourth the 185's and second the anti-X-cam motion. That cam isn't going to do anything for that combo besides make it sound fast. It's too small for that combo. If you aren't going to build the shortblock yourself, I would check out DSS, Bennett, or CHP.

Joe

Joes95GT said:
I'll fourth the 185's and second the anti-X-cam motion. That cam isn't going to do anything for that combo besides make it sound fast. It's too small for that combo. If you aren't going to build the shortblock yourself, I would check out DSS, Bennett, or CHP.

Joe

I got off the phone with Houston Engine and Balance. A 347 short block is about 2,500.00!! With JE pistons, forged rods, skat crank. Told I would produce some mad power with 185 cc heads!! They also gave me a comp cam part number, that they recommend with this motor and its a .555 lift!!

They also told me with a few other goodies that I have I should see around 425-450 hp. Is that reasonable?? :shrug: I just know that's a big number.

If its for the street, have you looked at the Coast High Performance 347-e?

347-e Street Fighter

4.000 to 4.040 bore - 3.400 stroke - Dish top piston

Still the only C.A.R.B. legal 347 stroker
Cast steel crankshaft
CHP CNC Beam forged steel connecting rods (5.315)
Probe SRS forged pistons
Dished and Blower Dish pistons available
Pro Mustang hydraulic roller camshaft

DJHA90 said:
If its for the street, have you looked at the Coast High Performance 347-e?

347-e Street Fighter

4.000 to 4.040 bore - 3.400 stroke - Dish top piston

Still the only C.A.R.B. legal 347 stroker
Cast steel crankshaft
CHP CNC Beam forged steel connecting rods (5.315)
Probe SRS forged pistons
Dished and Blower Dish pistons available
Pro Mustang hydraulic roller camshaft

I've looked into it some. I have found stroker kits for 850 dollars!! But I still would like someone to build the short block for me. I don't have the tools, and I figured that someone that builds short blocks everyday would do a better job then myself. I'm just still very intemidated by the bottom end of a motor. Everything else is easy to me. Plus they only want like 10% down so I can go ahead and drop the block off. But if anyone else knows anyone in houston that can build one for cheaper, please let me know!!