My car is plotting against me, wont hit 12's

If you had Aluminum heads on the car you'd be in the 12.7's those other guys are hitting. Since you're so close take out the passenger seat, run with 1/8 tank of high octane fuel, try to put a little more timing in it. You should be able to get a 12.99 with this alone I would think.

Guys go mid 12s on GT40P heads all the time. Aluminum heads aren't required for that kind of speed unless your car weighs a ton.

• Sponsors (?)

Well the nitrous is going on now, I already put the new spark plugs in and have some parts on the way to finish the instal. Even if i hit 12.99 its still basically a 13, time to start searching for 11's. haha

Guys go mid 12s on GT40P heads all the time. Aluminum heads aren't required for that kind of speed unless your car weighs a ton.

He's not one of them. Aluminum heads a bit more power and weight savings would have put him close to 12.7's easy. Obviously he's beyond this so again, weight savings, more timing, maybe more fuel and hard launches will get the elusive number I'm sure. He's also running in high humidity and temp.

It wasn't scorching out that day but Orlando can get pretty humid, something that may be unrelated my car does run a little bit hot. I am thinking it is because I need a radiator flush, my coolant is brown right now. It doesn't overheat but it just runs on the hot side, after coming down the track the needle is at like the O in normal, could getting it to run cooler help my time? I still would like to hit a 12 N/A. I know people hit 12's with these setups but how many examples are there that you can really say it happens all the time? Maybe im wrong but I dont see it all the time.

He's not one of them. Aluminum heads a bit more power and weight savings would have put him close to 12.7's easy. Obviously he's beyond this so again, weight savings, more timing, maybe more fuel and hard launches will get the elusive number I'm sure. He's also running in high humidity and temp.

Maybe if I had taken out the passenger seat and didnt eat that hot dog earlier. Really at 13.06 any little tiny thing could have nudged me over. But I dont think fuel is my issue I've got 255lph pump, bumped the fp a little, and injectors are stock but I dont think with my hp levels I would benefit from bigger injectors, and my timing is around 14 or 15*. I'd be willing to try bigger injectors but I'm not gonna go out and buy em.

1/8th mile was [email protected]. I also forgot to say I feel like the car pulls good off the line, I feel like once I hit 4th gear it struggles to keep pulling, I specifically remember myself sitting there saying come on, come on, come on....

Maybe if I had taken out the passenger seat and didnt eat that hot dog earlier. Really at 13.06 any little tiny thing could have nudged me over. But I dont think fuel is my issue I've got 255lph pump, bumped the fp a little, and injectors are stock but I dont think with my hp levels I would benefit from bigger injectors, and my timing is around 14 or 15*. I'd be willing to try bigger injectors but I'm not gonna go out and buy em.

Take that change out of the ashtray and vacuum the rug, all that counts.:D Oh and who can forget, wax the car, it will be more aero. You're gonna have to find a trick to get that .07 off.

8.3= 12.9 so your about on par with where it should be based on the 1/8 mile...
then why is it not getting there! Something is happening after the 1/8 mile, its not pulling in 4th gear. I also accidentally dropped my tire pressure down to 11psi, and I didn't have change to fill it up a little, I wanted to run it around 14psi. I felt my car swaying a little at the end of the track, nothing dangerous but could something like tire pressure effect me at the other end? Or am I just over thinking this.

Also put like 35 to 40 psi in the front tires less rolling resistance...also maybe the car is leaning out on top end?...I know my car was on top end and my 1/8 was the same as yours,...my mph was a little higher but same time...Just a suggestion...

Also put like 35 to 40 psi in the front tires less rolling resistance...also maybe the car is leaning out on top end?...I know my car was on top end and my 1/8 was the same as yours,...my mph was a little higher but same time...Just a suggestion...

So what more fuel? Bigger injectors? I pulled my plugs I'll take a pic of em.

So what more fuel? Bigger injectors? I pulled my plugs I'll take a pic of em.

Maybe?...its possible its leaning out on top...More car pulled like an animal off the line and mid range seemed to die on top end i thought i was fine...when the pulled my heads off the exhaust valves were WHITE....they said i was running lean...i never knew it...they said i got lucky i didnt pop a head gasket...im just throwing things out there to you to check...The best way to check your plugs is to do a 1/4 mile pull at the end just shut the key coast to the end pull a plug that tells it all.....

Sounds to me like you're hitting 4th gear and your RPMs are lower than the sweet spot so it's not pulling as hard once you hit 4th. What RPM are you shifting at? Run that thing to 6k in every gear, that should put you to where you're just hitting 4th before the line, unless you have really short tires out back.

Another thing, and some people laugh at this but it's true...make sure you're going in a straight line lol. Any swerving is going to cost you ET.

To be honest with you I dont remember exactly what rpm I am at crossing the line but I know its not past 5k rpm, probably around 4500-5k. Tires are 26"