my cheap project for the day!

mity2

I like Pro3 and all I got was this crappy CT.
Jul 24, 2003
StateCollege PA
Well, no class today, and my GF is at work makin' big bucks. So i got bord.
So i dicided to make my own smoked tail light like that on the famous black Cobra. But i refused to pay ass lod of money for it
product_image.jpg

So far its costing me $12.19, and hour of my time. not the greatest, but it look good from 5ft away. i still need to work the air and water out of it. what you guys think?
View attachment 504063

Attachments

• product_image.jpg
    product_image.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 61
  • Sponsors (?)

well, its done. and i took pic that is close to same angle as that of famous black kebura. i think it look super for $12.49, and few hours of my time eh?

mine for $12.49
View attachment 504044
famus Cobra and who knows how much he paid for it

product_image.jpg

Attachments

• product_image.jpg
    product_image.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 61
exindust said:
Mity your car fkn rocks.

Whered you buy the Vinyl sheet at?
at your local friendly Walmart. its called something like Static sealing vinyl Tint or something like that. its think vinyl unlike real tint. so u can use and reuse them as many times as u want. come in 24"X78" roll

git-it-83 said:
Great job, mang! :nice:
I think yours actually seems darker than his, but it could be the time of day the photo was taken (light effects).
it is darker then his i think. i used 20%. i should have used 35% or 40%, but they didn't have them

mity2 said:
it is darker then his i think. i used 20%. i should have used 35% or 40%, but they didn't have them
I missed that....I think someone earlier said your tails looked brighter than the Cobra, but that was probably because yours were on a barstool, accepting light from all angles.

mity2 said:
at your local friendly Walmart. its called something like Static sealing vinyl Tint or something like that. its think vinyl unlike real tint. so u can use and reuse them as many times as u want. come in 24"X78" roll
this may be a dumb question, but how and where do you apply the vinyl?

Looks OK.

That guy has the $49.99 tail light tint. You can peel them off,and put them back on as you wish which is what I like about those. So, if you get pulled over for them you can simply tear them off.