my cold air kit I just peaced together.. big pics

• Sponsors (?)

Looks good. I didn't even know you were supposed to block off the stock airbox opening into the fender well.

By the way, you should post these types of things in the tech section. Just for searching purposes and what not. I've noticed a few other tech articles that you have posted in the talk section. CAI looks good though.

JamesBaumann said:
Looks good. I didn't even know you were supposed to block off the stock airbox opening into the fender well.

well I guess you don't have to but you should to prevent the filter from pulling heat in from the engine bay and to pull the cold air coming in instead of it going right into the engine bay.

140cilx said:
thank you for not building a PVC monstrosity. Looks good!
:rlaugh: thanks guys for the replys but my brother boostedpimp helped me out alot to and so did you guys before i came into this forum i didnt know what CAI stood for but now i do and i got it done thanks to all of you

:nice:

Thanks
jim

140cilx said:
thank you for not building a PVC monstrosity. Looks good!

You don't like my PVC monstrosity? :(
attachment.php

i used tubing that was at my brothers house from is Grand national ok ill break it down for you :D
i took out the air box and all that junk took the elbow from the stock airbox turned it around and that became the fenderwell mount piece.

then i got the grand national tubing in there attached it to the elbow and clamped it down and there it is now only took me about 20mins

goodluck :nice:

the car has some way of snesing air! if there is something in the air duct path with a wire conected to it., more than likely it is needed.
It will idle but after that it will not run
(I have experience here.)

Ok so I'm guessing don't do it this way? Or find a way to reattach the air sensor somewhere? I'm not sure and am not a pro so I'm just wondering...This setup seems real simple unless there is a lot that I'm not seeing any info?