My Convertable Top is out of Wack

GrandmasterK

Founding Member
Aug 17, 2001
Madison, WI
I've had my Mustang for three years and the top has progressively become more out of line each year. Now it is to the point where I can only latch one side and it leaks like mad. What can I do to fix this?

I've been calling around shows in town, but no one around here knows anything about convertable tops... they all say they can take a look, but haven't delt with this sort of thing before.

Any ideas, thoughts, suggestions, words of hope? It's a beautiful summer day but the Mustang still sits stored and uninssurred until I can fix this (I don't have a garage so I can't leave it out in the rain as it is).

• Sponsors (?)

GrandmasterK said:
I've had my Mustang for three years and the top has progressively become more out of line each year. Now it is to the point where I can only latch one side and it leaks like mad. What can I do to fix this?

I've been calling around shows in town, but no one around here knows anything about convertable tops... they all say they can take a look, but haven't delt with this sort of thing before.

Any ideas, thoughts, suggestions, words of hope? It's a beautiful summer day but the Mustang still sits stored and uninssurred until I can fix this (I don't have a garage so I can't leave it out in the rain as it is).
Check out Hydro-e-lectric, they have a great manual on how adjust the CONVERTIBLE top:

http://www.hydroe.com/Parts_Mustang.html - worth every penny.