My Cottage Vacation (Warning, Infinite Pics Inside)

Caldwell

Apr 27, 2004
Ontario Canada
Yes! It's true, I actually went on vacation! who would have thought. My parents own a cottage up in Manitoulin Island. It's on a beach in Silver Water which was like an 8 hour drive from my place, and I live in Niagara Falls Ontario Canada.
Here's a picture of where to go on a map.

locmap.jpg

But anyway, it was pretty sweet, and I thought I'd share some pics of the place if people were curious on seeing it.
The three of us, the Tremendous Trio took my car up for the long weekend.

My gf:
3.jpg

My Brother:
2.jpg

And myself behind the wheel:
1.jpg

We left my place around 6am friday morning, and HOLY SMOKES was it a long drive. But I was flying at a good 140 the whole way. :D I think the low I got my car was 120... whenever I got stuck behind some old man in a Lincoln in the fast lane.

So we embarked on our mission... too ****in early for this **** though i'm tellin you... here's the sunRISE... I haven't seen that thing in a decade or so.
4.jpg

and it actually gets pretty rocky up north... I wouldn't have guessed :shrug:
:p

5.jpg

So we ended up getting to Manitoulin in record time, somethin like 7 and a half hours, two pee breaks and a lunch break at Wendy's...
and this is what it looks like getting on to the island

6.jpg

and here we are...
MAN MY CAR IS DIRTY, but the rims still shine, so that's all that matters.

7.jpg

12.jpg

And here are some pics of our private beach.
8.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

Attachments

• locmap.jpg
    locmap.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 92
  • Sponsors (?)

Some of my family already beat us there, drinking as always.
I'm on the far left, uncle in the middle with cousin on the far right:

9.jpg

And of course, we continued drinking all the way through the night...
here's a night picture of our beach:

13.jpg

and a picture of me drinking on it:

14.jpg

and my mom drinking on it:

32.jpg

another dirty car pic.
I really did a good job of shining those rims before we left, because they were literally the only thing that stayed clean on the car...

15.jpg

oh ahhah, here's a picture of my brother and my cousin taking my dad's yukon out on some indian trials... funniest thing ever... my dad got up i guess early that morning to wash his truck, so it was TOUCHLESS... so when we got there and my brother said he was takin the truck, the only thing that came out of his mouth was "if that thing gets dirty, you die." hahahahahhah HAHAH omg, it was the best thing I had ever seen... I guess they took it on every possible dirt road out there.

16.jpg

another cool thing...
we have a waterfall right down the street from us, it's not huge, but it's pretty cool:

17.jpg

and here's a picture of me staring at it, captivated by its glory:

18.jpg

about mid weekend my mom, gf and i took my car out for a boot... I sat in the BACK seat of my car while someone else drove it, FOR THE FIRST TIME EVER! Ever!!
Here are some pics... I was having a good time back there, nevertheless..

19.jpg

20.jpg

21.jpg

22.jpg

23.jpg

When we got back...
here's a picture of the three of us, my cousin, my brother joe in the blue, and myself shooting ****. Hell, what else are you going to do up there? :shrug:
Drink, Eat, Sleep, Cards, Drive, Shoot ****.

24.jpg

And that's it!

31.jpg

There's more, but I didn't want to drown you all too much, or put you to sleep. I can just imagine how long this post is going to be LOL. It was a good time that's for sure. :nice:

holy **** man!!!! i was like 5 miles away about 3-4 weeks ago on vacation too!!! i was staying at cottages at Kenebec lake like a few miles away.......we passed Silver Lake whenever we left the area to go somewhere!!!! wow thats crazy....looks like you had a good time man! :D the bridge in the 6th pic down was one we were on constantly.....i remember seeing teh same thin across the lake every time, and we've been goin there for 4 years so i know for sure :p

:cheers:
stprorolla49 said:
holy **** man!!!! i was like 5 miles away about 3-4 weeks ago on vacation too!!! i was staying at cottages at Kenebec lake like a few miles away.......we passed Silver Lake whenever we left the area to go somewhere!!!! wow thats crazy....looks like you had a good time man! :D the bridge in the 6th pic down was one we were on constantly.....i remember seeing teh same thin across the lake every time, and we've been goin there for 4 years so i know for sure :p

Wow, if i would have known, we could have gone cruisin through the hick towns. if you ever go up again let me know, my parents are usually up there about 4-5 times a year or so.

thanks everyone.
i had a blast.
I had to slow down for pictures now, come on ;)
otherwise how could you see my mug with a windblown effect?

there were other parts too, we found an old ghost town, but it wasn't as sweet as i had hoped.

i need to see this where's caldwell thread :scratch:

lol
good to be back

Caldwell said:
:cheers:

Wow, if i would have known, we could have gone cruisin through the hick towns. if you ever go up again let me know, my parents are usually up there about 4-5 times a year or so.

thanks everyone.
i had a blast.
I had to slow down for pictures now, come on ;)
otherwise how could you see my mug with a windblown effect?

there were other parts too, we found an old ghost town, but it wasn't as sweet as i had hoped.

i need to see this where's caldwell thread :scratch:

lol
good to be back

haha yea man unfrtunately we had to leave 2 days early cause the mosquitos were sooo ***in terrible its rediculous.....i kept waking up every 10 min inding blood on my pillow from them...so we left.....it was a real shame cause we go up there every year and always have a great time....this year just sucked....looks like you had a great time tho :cheers:

donjohn said:
haha

http://forums.stangnet.com/showthread.php?t=570083

i was just looking at the where's caldwell thread when i read this

looks like fun, i might be up in canada next year... i've always wanted to go up to whistler's mountain to bike... we'll see

if you're thinking on going to whistler, you're a good... 66 hours away from me :p

it's awesome there though, i've been there twice and have always wanted to return!

make sure to go in the dead of january if you want to go biking in whistler though dude, otherwise you might have snow :rolleyes:

stprorolla49 said:
haha yea man unfrtunately we had to leave 2 days early cause the mosquitos were sooo ***in terrible its rediculous.....i kept waking up every 10 min inding blood on my pillow from them...so we left.....it was a real shame cause we go up there every year and always have a great time....this year just sucked....looks like you had a great time tho :cheers:

You had mosquitos? dude we didnt have a single one. However we were around a huge bonfire and that does help out emensly. Never had them in the cottage either. Hm... well that's too bad. Even still, I would have never guessed there to be another stanger on that island! lol, that ion itself amazes me.

Where've I been? Ah... trying to get my car fixed. Been working a lot so I can afford to attend my final year at university, and this sun! wow it's just been too mice to stay inside. We've had record breaking nice days in the falls.
so odd, but i'll take it :nice: