My coupe is up and running again! *pictures!

sleepercoupe

Apr 20, 2004
Here it is, finally got it back together and threw some new wheels on it, the stripe on the drivers side is something i am thinking about doing when i paint the car instead of putting the moulding back on, opinions welcome.

HPIM0928.jpg

HPIM0931.jpg

HPIM0932.jpg

HPIM0923.jpg

HPIM0933.jpg

HPIM0935.jpg

Attachments

• HPIM0928.jpg
    HPIM0928.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 76
  • HPIM0931.jpg
    HPIM0931.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 104
  • HPIM0932.jpg
    HPIM0932.jpg
    73.2 KB · Views: 104
  • HPIM0923.jpg
    HPIM0923.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 92
  • HPIM0933.jpg
    HPIM0933.jpg
    83 KB · Views: 102
  • HPIM0935.jpg
    HPIM0935.jpg
    85.3 KB · Views: 96
  • Sponsors (?)

Keep the side mouldings, it will look like crap up close without them.

Are you serious? That might be true on the '85+ cars, but on the '79-82 cars the actual body line is the same design as the molding, so if you ditch the molding on the doors and fenders it looks the same. With a good paint job and bodywork it looks much cleaner than with...but to each his own :D

Are you serious? That might be true on the '85+ cars, but on the '79-82 cars the actual body line is the same design as the molding, so if you ditch the molding on the doors and fenders it looks the same. With a good paint job and bodywork it looks much cleaner than with...but to each his own :D

The bumper moldings will stick out a good half inch or so and it looks like crap, how can that way look cleaner than nice straight moldings that flow with the bumpers?

make it a sleeper! man you guys are hilarious:D thanks for the comments, its going to get painted the original color with a special clear on it that makes it matte, the side mouldings are going to get painted on and hand pinstriped to match the front and rears. and i am not 100% on the wheels yet, might go back to a 17" wheel.

The bumper moldings will stick out a good half inch or so and it looks like crap, how can that way look cleaner than nice straight moldings that flow with the bumpers?

should absolutely keep the moldings in front of the front wheel and behind the rear wheel to eliminate that spacing

the rest can go, though IMO

though if it was my car, id keep all the moldings

Because you only take off the molding along the doors and beginnings of the front/rear fender. The thing is, i would run side molding if i had it....the problem is just that...having it. If you find it, it's usually curled up or has a bunch of drywall screws in it where some hilljack tried to keep it from pealing off :rlaugh:

make it a sleeper! man you guys are hilarious:D thanks for the comments, its going to get painted the original color with a special clear on it that makes it matte, the side mouldings are going to get painted on and hand pinstriped to match the front and rears. and i am not 100% on the wheels yet, might go back to a 17" wheel.

Sounds like a great plan. Just for the record, those wheels look sick on there, I wouldn't change them.