My Engine is Out of My Car...All of the threads

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you know what an 05 GT looks like on a roll back wrecker?

I was driving home from work today and the new GT with about 800 miles decided it wanted to go back to the mother ship. Had to have her towed to the dealer. The engine was running extremely rough and had zero power. I took some pics, but can't get them uploaded until later.

By the way this sucks...

• Sponsors (?)

I'm sure that wasn't a pretty sight. Hopefully it's nothing serious and be sure to let everyone know what went wrong. That's the one bad thing about buying the first production run of any new vehicle just released. I think I'll wait til the '06s come out to give them time to get all the bugs worked out ... if I can hold out that long. Good luck man.

TicketMeRed05GT said:
I was driving home from work today and the new GT with about 800 miles decided it wanted to go back to the mother ship. Had to have her towed to the dealer. The engine was running extremely rough and had zero power. I took some pics, but can't get them uploaded until later.

By the way this sucks...
were you still in the break in period (first 1000miles) or were you doing what the other numnuts were saying "drive it like you stold it right away"?

The latest from the dealer is one of the cylinders is not firing. They don't have full service shop on Saturday. Guess Monday will be as soon as they get to it. One a good note; Larry Hill Ford did put me up in a new Explorer from the local car rental Enterprise.

And no, I was not a driving like I stole it....yet.

As promised, here is the painful sight!
vbgarage.php

05 GT Engine Skipped Time? (Wrecker Update)

Had my 05 GT towed to the shop late last Friday. (Less than two weeks of ownership and less than 900 miles.) Today the dealer service manager called and the computer is telling them that the left bank of cylinders are out of time and two cylinders have low compression. They yanked the valve covers and said they "Look ok". Since their engine man is out sick today they can't verify the problem until tomorrow.

They said they might have to pull the cylinder head to repair it or even might change the engine, but again won't know for sure until tomorrow.

My question is...what would be an acceptable solution if this was your car? And yes; this still sucks.

TicketMeRed05GT said:
Thanks for the input...I am looking for options. I have never been in this situation and need all options to think about prior to tomorrow. Extended warranty would definately be required if they tear into the motor.

Thanks again.

I wouldn't settle for anything less than a new motor.

I don't beleive they will warranty past the factory 36K, you still have 35K to go. 01 LS 3.9 loss compression in #1 cylinder at 10K and Lincoln replaced the engine. Took two weeks, but they give you one to drive. It was a lease so I did not care what they did. Costs a lot but your not stuck with it. The GT is ours, good or bad.

I don't beleive they will warranty past the factory 36K, you still have 35K to go. 01 LS 3.9 loss compression in #1 cylinder at 10K and Lincoln replaced the engine. Took two weeks, but they give you one to drive. It was a lease so I did not care what they did. Costs a lot but your not stuck with it. The GT is ours, good or bad.

Ask for a loaner, be nice about it as they do not have to provide one.

***** you guys are nice, I would make them give me a whole new car; its not like you will be driving yours for a while, make them priority 1 a new order so it is to you ASAP or have them track one down elsewhere and give you a V6 rental from Hertz in the meantime. The deal is that you have less than 900 miles on it and they sold you a faulty car, they need to fix it, call Ford if the dealer wont cooperate.

I agree with rrobello, you should have the car bought back by Ford.

There are couple of points for you to consider;
a) This may be the first 05 GT blown (potentially) motor, so the Ford guys will want to examine it, back in the lab sort of.
b) Impress on the dealer you bought the car as a collector and you don't want a replacement engine, new head or re-build. I can tell you from trying to find a 65 fastback with a matching motor, this is a big deal.
c) Only 900 miles.....I think it would be clear to 3rd party mediator that failure was caused by faulty manufacturing. I don't think you can abuse (oil contamination, lack of scheduled maintenance, etc...) the engine in 900 miles.
d) Hold you ground, they don't want to buy the car back, but insert "lawyer" in every other word and they will see the light.

I'm only telling you this not to screw Ford, I don't think you are, but if I had a 05 Mustang with this problem, I would definitely pursue a buy back. I don't care how hard you drive the mustang, it should not fail in 900 miles unless someone f'd up in manufacturing. Good luck.

clutch said:

a) This may be the first 05 GT blown (potentially) motor, so the Ford guys will want to examine it, back in the lab sort of.
b) Impress on the dealer you bought the car as a collector and you don't want a replacement engine, new head or re-build. I can tell you from trying to find a 65 fastback with a matching motor, this is a big deal.
c) Only 900 miles.....I think it would be clear to 3rd party mediator that failure was caused by faulty manufacturing. I don't think you can abuse (oil contamination, lack of scheduled maintenance, etc...) the engine in 900 miles.
d) Hold you ground, they don't want to buy the car back, but insert "lawyer" in every other word and they will see the light.

I'm only telling you this not to screw Ford, I don't think you are, but if I had a 05 Mustang with this problem, I would definitely pursue a buy back. I don't care how hard you drive the mustang, it should not fail in 900 miles unless someone f'd up in manufacturing. Good luck.
Even better idea, if you can get it done.

clutch said:

I agree. However, I was a Lincoln Mercury Service writer for 11 years so I have some inside knowledge how things work. The decision on wether to repair or replace the engine or to buy back the car will be made by Ford not the dealership, so you have to apply the pressure to the right place. When the dealer calls you to say how they will proceed, if it is not what you want to hear, do not scream and yell and make threats about law suits etc. Stay calm, be courteous, but tell them firmly that it is not to your satisfaction, and that you would like to meet with the Zone Manager to discuss it. He is the guy (or girl) that you have to pressure. But again stay calm. I have seen it a hundred times were some one who may have had a legitimate bitch was brushed of as a nut case because they acted like one, while people who had questinable issues were treated better because they were calm, courtoues but firm.

Status
Not open for further replies.