My Engine is Out of My Car...All of the threads

Status
Not open for further replies.
TicketMeRed05GT said:
My car broke, and Ford is really doing field research on my car to figure out why the motor broke instead of fixing my car!

Sincerely, one sad Mustang owner.

This is what you really want them to do, you want them to go over your car with a fine tooth comb to make sure their hypothosies of what went wrong and the possible solution is the correct fix for not only you but other GT owners as well.

I know it sucks not having your car but you REALLY want Ford to make the right fix and not just a guesstimated fix.

• Sponsors (?)

TicketMeRed05GT said:
I kid you not...the engine never went over 4k for the first 500 to 600 miles. I did not hot rod the car. I plan / planned on keeping it forever. I would not try to beat it up while it is still being broken in. That would be stupid on my part. I have to think that Ford thinks I was jamming the thing from day one and is reluctant to give up the new engine.

The problem is that the computer "captures the event" at 900 rpm and the dealer can find no mechanical defect.

This still baffles me that I have to wait on my car until Ford is happy with what caused the engine to die. The customer does not come First. Ford does.

Loss of compression in multiple cylinders seems like a defect to me.

TicketMeRed05GT said:
They tell me that within a certain degree that everyone knows someone that knows someone....well I think the jist is "Seven degrees of Kevin Bacon". I have posted on this website and have seen how many people have reviewed the threads. About 2600 on the first post and about 600 on this update.

If any of you out there know anyone that is willing to listen to my situation day or night I am ready to discuss it. Email me on the forum and I will gladly give you a call to discuss. Believe me when I say that I am not someone that smoked their car and am trying to get Ford to fix it. My car broke, and Ford is really doing field research on my car to figure out why the motor broke instead of fixing my car!

Sincerely, one sad Mustang owner.

Some industries just aren't very Web-Savvy... If Ford had any idea how much potential damage this one incident is doing to their sales because of all the potential new buyers who are reading this, you would have been given a new engine or new car on day one after taking the car in for service.

I am one of those potential 05 Mustang GT buyers who is now thinking twice.. whoops, I just thought again, make that thrice!

Best of luck to you, I think you'll eventually get a good reliable car out of this one way or another.

-Jason

I was waiting for the vert. I think I will wait quite a bit longer. So far: 6 cyl rear end whine (this problem is 6 years old), the Shaker stereo has problems and the new GT engine looks suspicious.
My 01 GT vert looks better and better every day.

Get everything in writing from them, and send them everything via certified mail. This accomplishes two things--it sets up your paper trail if you have future problems with the car; and it lets them know that you are taking this very seriously (and are starting a paper trail in case of future litigation).

Have you written Ford corporate? They may not like how this is being handled by the District Manager... Another thing to do is to loop in your state's attorney general. Your tax dollars pay them to handle situations like these. Call them up and tell them what is happening.

Sucks and the way it is being handled makes me think twice about getting a 2005. I understand that some percentage of *all* cars will have a serious issue. What's important is how the issue is resolved. This is a very poor way for Ford to handle it.

The Saga Continues...My Engine is Still Out of My Car

Just to update the status with everyone....

Engine was pulled on Dec 7th, it is still out and they still don't know what is wrong. Waiting on a tool to do a leak down test on my now rebuilt engine.

One word of good news about the forums and posting. A Ford representative from Michigan called my dealer today based on my post in these forums! I try and celebrate the small victories because this still sucks. I don't know what that means or what he will do, but the Ford people do see the forums. Keep posting.

I figure why not post the message I sent to Ford about the current state of my car. It is long, but it lets everyone see my account of this situation. If nothing else please read the first two paragraphs to see what this means to a new Ford Mustang owner!!!!

MESSAGE TO FORD MANAGEMENT:
December 14, 2004

Mr. Roman J. Krygier
Ford Motor Company
V.P. Manufacturing and Quality
16800 Executive Plaza
P.O. Box 6248
Dearborn, MI 48121

Dear Roman:

I am writing to express my deep dissatisfaction regarding the response from Ford Motor Company relative to the failure of the engine in my brand new 2005 Mustang GT, and to request that Ford buy back my failed one immediately. I purchased a new 2005 Mustang GT off the dealer lot with less than 20 miles on it. I drove it for just over a week and less than 1,000 miles when the engine failed. I have owned this vehicle for less than three weeks and, in that time, it has been towed, the engine has been pulled, every connection under the hood has been disconnected, it has been scratched and it has sat out in the weather for more than half of its life.

The service department has been unable to determine what is wrong with the engine, and Ford is unwilling to replace the engine or the car until someone can tell them what is wrong with it. The fact that the cause of the problem has not been determined is just more reasons for Ford to buy back the vehicle. I have been robbed of my “new car experience” by Ford Motor Company’s lack of commitment to customer satisfaction. This is a high performance, signature automobile for Ford Motor Company and I expect Ford to stand behind their product.

The following if a timeline of events to date related to this incident:

11/24/04 – purchased 2005 Mustang GT from Larry Hill Ford in Cleveland Tennessee.

12/3/04 (Friday) – In route from work, vehicle quit running. Called Ford assistance vehicle was towed to Larry Hill Ford.

12/4/04 (Saturday) – Received a rental car at the dealer’s expense.

12/6/04 (Monday) – The service manager called and reported that, according to the computer, the vehicle jumped time on right bank of cylinders. This event occurred at approximately 900 RPM according to PCM data. In addition, the engine failed compression tests on two of the right cylinders. The valve covers were removed and showed no evidence of jumped time. However, the engine man was out sick, so it will have to wait until he gets back to inspect the engine.

12/7/04 (Tuesday) – The dealer decided to pull engine. At noon, I called the Ford Resolution Hotline to file a complaint but the computers were down, so I was asked to call back later. I called back at 4:30 and the system was still down. I should call back tomorrow.

12/8/04 (Wednesday) – Spoke with Alicia at the 800 number and filed the issue and requested a replacement vehicle as a solution. I called the service manager at the dealership, Clyde. He said they were waiting to get approval from the district manager to replace the engine. He would call me back as soon as he got the answer. He did not call.

12/9/04 (Thursday) – I received a courtesy call from Larry Hill Ford asking how I was enjoying my newly purchase vehicle, to which I responded that he should probably check with the service department on that matter.

I called Clyde to check on the status of the engine replacement. He had not heard anything yet but should definitely hear today. Still no answer as of the end of the day.

I went to the dealership on the way home. Due to the fact that the battery had been disconnected, the driver’s side window, which automatically adjusts into the seal using battery power, was jammed up against the seal. Just one more small thing that will never be new again.

When I arrived home from work, there was a recording on the answering machine at my home from Loyd Luketin , the F1 Zone Manager for Ford. He said that Ford would work to repair the vehicle as quickly as possible, but that they would not replace the vehicle. He commented that he wished he could have spoken to me in person, but did not leave me any way to contact him.

12/10/04 (Friday) – According to Clyde, Ford has refused to approve a replacement engine because there the dealer has not reported any visible damage to the engine. The district manager said that the dealer must perform a leakdown test on the engine before a decision will be made. According to my discussion with Larry Hill and Clyde, this test should have been done before the engine was pulled, but since the engine has already be removed from the car and opened, it will have to be rebuilt in order to perform this test. The dealer does not have the parts required for the rebuild and has ordered them, but will not be received until Monday at the earliest, costing another three days at least.

At this point, I placed a second call to the Ford Resolution Hotline, which is the action to take when you have exhausted your options with the dealer. However, when I explained the situation to Lito, he said that decisions made at the dealer and the district level can not be overturned by anyone at that number. He said I must deal with the dealer. I requested the address or contact information for the district manager which he stated I should get from my dealer.

I placed a call to Larry Hill Ford and asked for Mr. Hill. I was told he was in a meeting with Clyde. I then placed a call Clyde on his cell phone and asked him if Mr. Hill was in. He said that he was not. I asked him for Mr. Hill’s cell phone number, to which he replied that he did not know what it was. He said he asked the receptionist, but she didn’t know it either. I told him that I was on my way down there with the title to my car and want them to make this right.

My wife and I met with Larry Hill and Clyde and asked Mr. Hill to make the situation right, since Ford is not. I asked him to either order a replacement engine or trade my Mustang for a black 2005 Mustang GT he had on his lot. He said he could not afford to order an engine, and it would cost me $4,000 plus tax, tag, etc. and my Mustang to buy the black one, which has a list price of $1,000 less than mine did. He said that, short of that, we would just have to wait until they could run the test on the old engine and see what Ford will do.

We asked Mr. Hill where we can go from here. The dealer is unable to make a decision without the zone/district approval. The problem resolution hotline is unable to overturn the decisions at the dealer/district level. We are not satisfied with the response at the district level, so we asked for the next level. Mr. Hill indicated that he was unable to get us on the phone with the district manager, and that he did not know who was next in the chain of command above her. Both Clyde and Mr. Hill indicated that they felt like this was the last thing Ford would need to make the decision to order a new motor. So we wait, again. Mr. Hill and Clyde both assured us that they would call us on Monday and let us know the status of the situation.

During this visit, I inspected the engine bay on my car. I found that the passenger inside fender well was scratched from the removal of the engine. This is just one more small thing that will never be new again.

12/11/04 (Saturday) – I found an article on Blue Oval News’ website related to an issue with the 2005 Mustang GT engine having low compression. I sent Larry Hill an e-mail containing the article and requested comments.

12/13/04 (Monday) – I received an e-mail from Larry Hill at 8:15am indicating that he would discuss the article with Clyde and with Ford. At 4:30pm I received an e-mail from Mr. Hill. He stated that he was sure we had already heard from Clyde, but the parts needed for the rebuild were received today. My wife immediately called the dealership to tell Mr. Hill that we had NOT heard from Clyde at all today. She did not get through to Mr. Hill, but left him a voice mail stating the same and asking him to call her back.

The service manager called to discuss the state of progress today. The engine has been completely rebuilt, but a tool required to perform the leak down test was still not available. He expects to have the tool tomorrow. I requested a mailing address from him for Loyd Luketin, the F1 Zone Manager, and he responded they are not allowed to give out that information.

Current summary to date end******************************************

In the past 5 years I have been a loyal Ford owner. My purchases over that time have been 4 new vehicles including a F150 Lariat Super Crew, Explorer Sport Trac, Taurus, and the Mustang. This represents a personal investment of well over $100, 000 from a single consumer. Over a lifetime, I am unsure as of yet.

Thank you for your consideration of this matter. I look forward to hearing from you very soon.

Sincerely,

Charles W. West

Cc via email: Larry Hill, Dealership Owner
Loyd Luketin, Zone Manager
Kristen Kinley, Manager, Ford Customer Service Division

Very nice and very well thought out letter.

p.s. Dear Ford

I have purchased many vehicles throughout my life in excess of $150,000 as of yet not one dime has gone to Ford Motors. I have however decided to order an 05 Mustang that was supposed to be built on 12/15. But I am second guessing my decision to purchase a Ford if consumers like the above can not be handled with prompt and fair compensation for their troubles with a brand new vehicle.

I hope you will see how damaging this could be at winning over new Ford customers and quite possibly in losing what used to be a loyal customer base.

Sincerly,

(a potential New Ford Customer)

I think everyone should post a comment for Ford, then "ticket" can take all the comments and copy them to the district manager.

I am sure with a group effort and responses that Ford will understand the frustration and loss of trust that the general public may have of Ford's operation

That is bull**** dude. They should refund your money for something like that. :notnice:

I would burn the dealership to the ground....
but seriously...WTF?!? They should honor their product like any other retailer. THey should replace the car (without trying to scam you out of $4000...jesus CHRIST!! :rolleyes: ) and fix the POS on their own time.

P.S.S.S.

Dear Ford,

My very first car was a 1988 Ford Mustang GT 5.0 which I bought paid for at the age of 21. My next car was a 1997 Ford Taurus which I traded up for a 1998 Ford F150 Extended Cab Lariat that I currently still have. Prior to the above mentioned situation I have been gathering my finances together to purchase a 2005 Mustang GT (it's a toss up between a Saleen 281SC or Roush Stage 3). But, because of the way you have treated that LOYAL customer, I am a very close to re-focusing on purchasing 2005 C6 and abandoning my lifetime of support to FORD. As a 19 year veteran of the United States Special Operations and someone that buys American, I am appauled at the way in which you have treated your past and future customers.

I feel bad for you Bro.

You are the horror story of the re-design.

In one of your other posts, someone with Ford "tech" experience, suggested it might be an ECM issue. I believe that this guy is on the mark. No mechanical signs of failure...but she won't run...says to me that the "brain" of the car wasn't working.

To me...the dealer has used the opportunity to give the "wrenches" some time to figure out the car. Not to neccessarily "fix" the problem...but just to gain experience working on them.

Why the f**k would they rebuild the motor, when this "leak test" is supposed to determine the cause of failure.

Bottom line...you have been hosed.

I do hope that Ford execs, and their dealer-group counterparts surf this site....because they can all....HONK ON FREAKIN BOBO!!!!!!!

To conveniently leave the customer in limbo...between the dealer and HQ...is pretty f**king lame.

And the fact that the dealer has scratched your car to boot...inexcusable.

STOP making payments and give them the freakin keys NOW!

Take a brand new car...or walk...and call a lawyer.

My 2 cents

reconsidering

I was going to buy a new convertible in the spring. But, I may have to rethink that.

Don't give up. They want to wear you down. You bought a new car and that's what you deserve. If you don't get the answer you want, go to the next level.

I wouldn't even wait for them to do the test. Ford owes you a new car.

Good luck and keep us posted. I want to know they did the right thing before I make the investment.

Sounds like you're caught between the dealer's mess up and Ford not wanting to bail them out of their stupid attempt to run up warranty work dollars. That stinks for you. Hopefully Ford will step up, take care of you, and chastise the dealer separately. Best of luck.

PSSSS,

Dear Mr. Ford,

I ordered my new 2005 Mustang Gt over 11 weeks ago. My Dealer # is F53410, order # 0003, Body code T82. To date, I have yet to be given a VIN number. Today I called the dealer I ordered the car with to tell them I would like to cancel the order and asked them to return my deposit. I have yet to get a firm yes or no regarding the deposit. I have located another 2005 GT in stock which I would like to purchase yet this week. Would you be so kind as to contact this dealer and ask them to return my deposit. Or if that is not possible can you please put my order in FRONT of the line. I dont think there is anyone that has waited longer for an order.

Sincerely,

W Hughes

PS, The above story is very disheartening. I am sure when Top level Senior Management hears of this. They will immediatley replace the vehicle. Its obvious the right people are not aware of this situation.

ej95cobra said:
Sounds like you're caught between the dealer's mess up and Ford not wanting to bail them out of their stupid attempt to run up warranty work dollars. That stinks for you. Hopefully Ford will step up, take care of you, and chastise the dealer separately. Best of luck.

Ditto,

don't blame Ford yet. it seems it's the dealerships fault at this point. i understand why Ford doesn't want to ship you a new engine. it would be a very unwise buisness decision on Fords part to go replacing engines without confirmation of a factory defect or failure. as of now, the problem may only be a bad ECU or sensor. it is the duty of the dealership to determine the problem. as of yet, they have not. once the dealership determines the problem, it then becomes Ford's responsibility to make sure the engine gets replaced if need be.

on the customer survey that gets sent out to everyone who purchases a new car, fill it out negatively. anything but a 100% positive report on a dealership is bad for the dealership. Ford takes those surveys VERY seriously. fill it out bad and you will hear from someone. if the dealership gets enough bad reports, they will lose their Ford liscnese.

good luck, i hope things get resolved asap.

Dear Mr. Roman J. Krygier
We the employees at Buffalo Stamping Plant have been watching this forum also,
Just yesterday we had a 1 hour stand down at plant for Quality Control,This 1 hour class was with everyone is the entire plant not just production, It was to talk about quality, and how it is important for us employees and customers, things like this incident reflect everyone ,
Please try to make good on this insident reguarding his engine.
Us at Buffalo stamping plant would really appreciate it .
Thanks ford employess.
For you on these forums.Roman knows of Buffalo very well , and we know of Roman,Hopefully this thread will get back to him and he can show how ford cares ,

Who in there right mind would want this car back after all its been through in only its first month of existence? I personally would never be able to feel confident in a car rebuilt by dealership mechanics that hardly have any experience with this new model.

Unfortunately, the dealership is making things even worse by continuing to screw with the thing when they obviously are incompetent. At this point, I wouldn't accept this car back under any circumstances, new engine or not.

I feel your pain and I'd like to add my support and comments. As a former Auto Tech instructor and ASE Certified Master Auto Tech, I would not pull an engine and disassemble until I was certain that's where the probem is. A compression test is good, but a leak-down test is more conclusive. IMHO, I'd blame the dealer more than Ford and you are definately caught in the middle.

I have owned many vehicles over the years, more Fords than anything else and several Mustangs. I/we have bought of few new vehicles, but never a new Ford (yet). I have been seriously considering buying a new 2005 Mustang, but if this treatment is evident of how Ford and their dealers treat their customers, I may have to reconsider. I'll continue to watch these forums for other Mustang owners and see how they rate their experience with Ford and their dealer.

Status
Not open for further replies.