My Excitement For The Day

S/CBlack95GT

Apr 6, 2003
Tampa Palms, FL
I stopped a yellow 2001 Ferrari 360 Spider today for going almost 90mph. It is the first time I have ever been that up close and personal with one. That little V8 sounds like it is idling at about 2500rpms. Im not real impressed with the way it sounds at idle, but it sure sounds good at speed. :D

• Sponsors (?)

suprised that crown vic caught him... he must not have been too worried about getting pulled over or else he would have been gone... I've noticed quite a few of them around my town lately... hmm... wonder whats happening

1105 said:
suprised that crown vic caught him... he must not have been too worried about getting pulled over or else he would have been gone... I've noticed quite a few of them around my town lately... hmm... wonder whats happening

I spotted him about a half mile ahead of me. I could tell he was speeding so I got up to about 110mph to catch up to him. I think he was doing about 100 until I pulled up right behind him and paced him at 90mph.

Damn they re-cert your speedo's in FL? I have never had that one come up before here in NC. As long as you can recite that you done exactly what the state says you have to do to pace a car in this state when you get to court then you are usually set. We also have to memorize a saying for dwi cases and it is really stupid but we have to say it or they usually kick the charge.

2L8ULUZ2 said:
Damn they re-cert your speedo's in FL? I have never had that one come up before here in NC. As long as you can recite that you done exactly what the state says you have to do to pace a car in this state when you get to court then you are usually set. We also have to memorize a saying for dwi cases and it is really stupid but we have to say it or they usually kick the charge.

Yeah, the speedos have to calibrated every 6 months, just like the lasers and radars, in order to be legal.

RIO5.0 said:
Shaun...State Tropper...I'm impressed... :nice:

So what are your feelings or guidlines on loud exhaust ????

I could care less actually unless it is extremely loud. I have a hard time giving someone a ticket for a loud exhaust on their car and yet a motorcycle will fly by and darn near rattle the windows out of your car. If motorcycles dont have to conform then why do cars?

S/CBlack95GT said:
Yeah, the speedos have to calibrated every 6 months, just like the lasers and radars, in order to be legal.

All of our speed devices (radar, vascar) have to be re-certed every 6mos and we have to use tuning forks when we start a shift on the radar and then again everytime we clear a traffic stop where we used radar. Not fortunate to have laser around here yet.