my exhaust combo rant

mustanglouie

Dec 30, 2004
Oakwood GA
well right now I have LT's, and (I am guessing which this is what the guy at the mustang place said) a used dr gas x pipe and forza flow mufflers. I have had a pro chamber and flows. I have had pro chamber and open warlock mufflers. I have had the setup that I have now but with used flowmasters(that I think may have been busted inside when I got them). So heres my problem, I liked the pro chamber and warlocks but they were alittle to loud and got anoying at times. The set up I have now sounds good but just isn't loud enough. The same for the flowmasters with my xpipe it sounded good but just wasn't loud enough. So what should I do. I have heard sound clips after sound clips and have read so many threads and everyone says different things. My mods are in my sig and would figure that with that combo I should have a mean sounding exhaust. Like I said before the warlocks sounded good but were just to loud. So I figure the problem is with my muffler choice. What do you guess think? I don't want to change my mac LT's but I will change my mid pipe and mufflers.

• Sponsors (?)

I have the loudmouth and will be running the same combo soon that you have with the dr. gas and long tubes.
One word of advice if the warlocks were too loud don't get the slp's. I have stock headers and a prochamber on with my slp catback and it will wake the dead!

I have hooker super comp shorties, o/r/x, and a mac catback. ZERO drone, a lot of people say it's pretty loud, but I don't think so. I'm thinking of going to spintech prostreets. I think the x-pipe takes out a lot of the deeper sound, making me think it's too quiet. The MAC mufflers do have a good sound to them though.

95WhiteVenom said:
One word of advice if the warlocks were too loud don't get the slp's.
well what I meant was not that they were to loud but that they were just alittle to anoying to loud, if that makes any sense. I mean they had not tone to them at all. They just straight up sounded like nascar mufflers or something. I want my new exhaust to be as loud but I want it to have some kind of an exhaust tone, I guess, if you know what I am saying.