My First Car Search

NotoriousGT350

Founding Member
Apr 3, 2001
Lubbock, TX
Short story, sold my first car which was a 1965 mustang cpe to a girl in PA back in 2003. She then sold it later on to someone who works for a dealership there. I lost her as a contact, but I do have the original 1965 Registered Owner's Manual that has all the info.

Question is, who or what company, etc. can I use to locate and try to find my first car if I have the vin #? I'm not in a hurry at all to go buy it off anyone, but just more curious than anything knowing where it is at. Vin# 5F07C727745.

Thanks,

J.R.

• Sponsors (?)

Some states will let you do a VIN search. Florida's won't give you a location, but will give you a status(ie: if registration is current, certificate of destruction issued, etc...).
https://services.flhsmv.gov/MVCheckWeb/
Besides that, you might have to call each state's DMV to see if they can release such information. I'm sure most will not be allowed to release owner information. As Law Enforcement, you have access to these databases but can't give information out and can only look at them for investigative/work-related purposes; tracking down an old car doesn't count.