my first "disect my timeslip" thread

Blackened302

Jul 21, 2005
South TX
got the car somewhat fixed today (huge vacuum leak = running rich... stupid pcv valve and stupid me for not changing it during the swap!) and had a chance to hit the 1320 w/ nacho and my bro-in-law after class earlier tonight. great time out--not as many people as there usually are friday nights, and i'm actually pretty pleased--not so much w/ the times but w/ the trap speeds.

first run was horrible:
60': 2.9
1/8th: 11.3 @ 71.7mph
1/4: 16.6 @ 94.7mph

2nd run:
60': 2.2
1/8th: 9.3 @ 79.1mph
1/4: 14.2 @ 103.8mph

i was at full street trim, full weight, half tank of gas, spare and all in the back, 10* timing, on the bullitt wheels w/ teh sumitomo's out back and babying the launch at around 1800rpm.

looking forward to slapping some slicks on the back and being able to launch at 4.5k+.

opinions? where should i be w/ the 103 trap speed? see sig for my combo.

• Sponsors (?)

That's not too bad at all.

I would think your ET would be closer to a low to mid 13sec with a trap of 103mph.

Might be the tr3550 robbing more power than a T5:shrug:

What rpm were you shifting at and what were your rpms when you crossed the line?

i'm not too concerned w/ the et's because of the high 60foots. i know once i lower those my et's will lower, too.

shifting was at 6500rpm, wound up in 4th gear at the end of the track

Speaking about ONE of those two sixty foot times ;)

Heck Fire Paul ... with not too much more effort on your part :D
Ya could'a set a new record right there :Word:

I don't think I've ever seen a ... three second sixty foot time :rlaugh:

Now ya gotta know :stick:
Just havin a little fun and no way am I tryin to be mean here :nono:

The most important thing is you got your Stang back together :nice:
and
You can now start to have some fun with it :banana: :banana: :banana:

Last thing to say here is .............. You are so correct Paul :hail2:

Once ya get those sixty foots down below two and a half seconds ...

Your gonna see the ET's fallin like a rock :)

Grady

What is the alt. of the track???

going from the 2.2 to a 2.0 would be about a .4 drop in 1/4. So that 14.2 would be a 13.8 if the alt. is kinda high that isnt too bad. However, the 103 traps around here (750-900ft alt. track with good spring weather) would be good for a like a 13.1-13.3 range...so there is still something left in it.

I pulled a 13.5 @ 102 with a 2.2 or so 60ft with a somewhat sim. setup the first time out. So depending on track and conditions with driver your deff. on the right track first time out the gate.

Speaking about ONE of those two sixty foot times ;)

Heck Fire Paul ... with not too much more effort on your part :D
Ya could'a set a new record right there :Word:

I don't think I've ever seen a ... three second sixty foot time :rlaugh:

Now ya gotta know :stick:
Just havin a little fun and no way am I tryin to be mean here :nono:

The most important thing is you got your Stang back together :nice:
and
You can now start to have some fun with it :banana: :banana: :banana:

Last thing to say here is .............. You are so correct Paul :hail2:

Once ya get those sixty foots down below two and a half seconds ...

Your gonna see the ET's fallin like a rock :)

Grady

Your posts are informative but very hard to read lol, I feel like I am reading a riddle when I see one.

Well... That trap is high... you should def be faster... dude i cant launch rwd worth of ****... i was launching it like my probe and i was kicking sideways off the line running 2.8 60's LOL.... i trapped an 89 and ran a 15.7..... this was b4 the headers and exhaust and my clutch was slipping.... so im hopeing for mid 14's next time....

hehehe, thanks for the words (and smilies :D ), Grady.

come to think of it, i've never seen 3-second 60'ers, either, until i saw my timeslip :rlaugh:

what happened was i tried to baby it off the line but spun anyway. i let off the throttle a little and that didn't help, so i said "ehh, screw it" and mashed it :p i figured i had already screwed up so might as well try for a high trap speed.

hmm, i think we're fairly low in altitude--either at or a little below sea-level (south, south, south texas). don't know what kind of effect that would have on our times, though :shrug:

sadly, i'm still having bucking, mis-firing, and backfiring issues. hoping to get them cleared up tomorrow--taking the car in to my buddy's shop so i can maybe head out to the track this coming wednesda, only this time w/ some slicks on the back.

hehehe, thanks for the words (and smilies :D ), Grady.

come to think of it, i've never seen 3-second 60'ers, either, until i saw my timeslip :rlaugh:

what happened was i tried to baby it off the line but spun anyway. i let off the throttle a little and that didn't help, so i said "ehh, screw it" and mashed it :p i figured i had already screwed up so might as well try for a high trap speed.

hmm, i think we're fairly low in altitude--either at or a little below sea-level (south, south, south texas). don't know what kind of effect that would have on our times, though :shrug:

sadly, i'm still having bucking, mis-firing, and backfiring issues. hoping to get them cleared up tomorrow--taking the car in to my buddy's shop so i can maybe head out to the track this coming wednesda, only this time w/ some slicks on the back.

Paul

You and others here make life just a bit better for me :nice:
and
I do enjoy trying to help ya'll ... when or if I can ;)

When I make a bit of fun at something you guys say :stick:

It almost always reminds me of stuff I've done in the past :rlaugh:
EXCEPT
I usually hosed on a level ... MUCH HIGHER :bang: than you guys :(

Good to see you at the track :D

It really is a Hoot .................... Ain't it :banana:
Well ... It ain't so Hooty when :nono:
You lift the front end high ....................... and hear ... BANG :fuss:

O Yeah ... For the fellow up above :D

I really did try to reply without the little guys :Word:
but
I started to have withdrawal shakes :damnit:
and
Well ... I just couldn't do it :crazy:

Grady

^^^haha, thanks Grady. same to you, brotha! this is a hell of a place--one of the best bunch of guys i've ever known.

on a side note: i think we may have cleared the issues today. i had major exhaust leaks at the header collectors due to un-tightened bolts (hehe, guess it was something my broinlaw and i forgot to do--honest mistake) causing a lean reading on one o2's side and a rich on the other's. furthermore, both o2's were bad--new sensors and tightening the bolts fixed it right now. that, plus a new pcv valve and grommet seem to have taken care of the problem.

now i can start tweecing! i'm a little lean now, so i gotta up something (inj pulse width?). i'm definately gonna take a look at your site, Grady, for things like adding timing and what not.

also hoping to get out to the track on wednesday--the only day i can afford the fee, hehe. i could definately use the seat time.

stay tuned, my 94-95 brethren!

Good to see the fix to the issues was relatively simple :nice:

It feels so good when you finally get all the bugs worked out
of a major project like you just got done with :banana:

Hope you have a lotta fun at the track :D
and
I look forward to seeing how you do ;)

Grady

i drove the car around a little w/ the stock 3.08's so i know how it feels all motor--damn good. like night and day, man. i'm sure the cam has a lot to do with it, but i'm very pleased w/ the bang for the buck factor.

the 4.10's just made it that much better, especially since my powerband shifted up some.

i know i spent about an extra $100, but i'm glad i got the mac P-spec shorties--i changed spark plugs and wires already and it was a cinch, especially on the passenger side. i did have to put protective coverings on #'s 5 & 6, though, because the wires would twist towards the header.